Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 539 times

Advertisements

Could some one be able to help, with information on property stakes. We do not want issues with our neighbors, but this situation is out of hand.
We had our property surveyed close to twenty years ago. This neighbor on north side of our house decided to cut , our grass, butt up to our birch tree. About 3 ft over line.
I call surveyor to locate the north west stake , which marks the property line, he put pink fllag stick into ground where the stake is.
The neighbor brings his oversized roll of paper, says to me to get the pink flag stick out of there it looks rediculous, and according to his surveyor, penciled in, he showed me, says 1' 6"" north of the pole, and our front yard is really his property 3ft over from his driveway.

He said.north really means south and this pink flagged stick is in the wrong place, it should be south of the pole.

Now the question:
How could my surveyor find the stake, north of the pole, all these years , close to 20 years ago. My papers show exactly where the new surveyor put the pink flagged stick, always what we went by.

I don't feel this neighbor is trustworthy and his really cutting our grass on our property.
My husband cut the grass on Tuesday. This neighbor actually went out and redid the cut so the fresh cut line would show the footage he claims to belong to him way up to the birch tree trunk

He then recut on Friday, three days later again, to show fresh cut up to tree trunk.
We don't know how to handle this man

Suddenly this neighbor gets his property surveyed some 15 years later and a stake appears south of the pole, which he is claiming belongs to him

Does north mean south in surveyor language?
The pole on northwest side of our house is the power line pole
I might mention we have a fence on side of our house, kept 3 ft on other side so we could have property & cut grass, this neighbor had guts to put 2 trellis rods up , walk over our property, cut our grass up to fence, we moved his trellis off our fence, he put them back on our fence, I said this is private property, he said he does not like looking at our fence.
Just speculation our bushes, hisbiscus plant, flowers slowly dying over the past 5 yes, always hardy thriving plants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 03:42 PM

20 posts, read 17,945 times
Default property stakes

Just to say we lived here, fdl , over 40 years, this neighbor moved in a little over 10 years ago, like chapter 30 in some ones life.
The impression given to us, was like our property came with his purchase, when he bought the house north side of our house, out here on the highway.
So he would busy body around the neighborhood, our property was used as a thoroughfare , with everyone cutting through back and forth, we would see the flashlights when dark, when they got together in the neighborhood,

Just need some advise, if anyone else had experience as what we experienced, trying to ignor him to avoid issues in any way, we do not want trouble in the neighborhood. thanks residentofcity

Old 06-06-2016, 03:26 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Put up a fence. Problem solved.

Most cities will do a property survey for you for free, or for a nominal fee.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:29 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,049,288 times
Begin with your property deed and a plat from the county that describe your property clearly. They should include markers or points that can be found to clearly identify the boundaries of your property. With at least one point or boundary marker, you can measure the exact property boundaries all the way around.

Since a surveyor marked the corner in question, use that corner as a starting point and identify if that location actually has a property stake under it. If there is a property stake there, it can be located with a metal detector or by digging a hole. It shouldn't really be very deep. If there is not stake there, then you need to find another point to start from.

You also can use the survey from 20 years ago and ask that one surveyor speak with the other to identify if there is a discrepancy on their part or a misunderstanding. Regardless of what you discover, it will take a licensed surveyor to legally resolve the issue if it cannot be accurately determined with what is already known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: