Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,288 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Chilton, WI from Southern California in the next month to be closer to our extended family. Before living in California, we lived in Ohio- so we have an idea of weather, although not as severe, and we are looking forward to being back in the Midwest. I've enrolled my boys in school but struggled with finding the right sports programs. I've done a fair amount of research online and even made some phone calls around the area to some local flag football and soccer clubs. I am looking for more information about where people in the surrounding small towns enroll their children to participate in sports competitively. We have never been to the area, so trying to sign up my boys with mapquest guesstimates of how long it will take me to get to certain fields and things is hard without knowing if the programs around the area are worthwhile(I'm willing to drive for a good program). Are there certain youth flag football or youth soccer clubs that you would recommend above others? (YMCA programs, parks and rec programs, individual programs)

Thanks in advance!

Sara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 03:23 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
Hi OP, have you contacted either Chilton's or that county's Parks & Rec dept (I'm assuming they have one)? That could be a good place for gathering info on rec leagues that they either offer or are held on their park sites.
Also may not hurt to even check with the school your boys will attend as they may have some direction as well. After all, most school team coaches could have some insight on clubs, etc to look at.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the response! I did contact the local community center- Everyone was very helpful with information and said that both the soccer and youth flag football programs in the local area were not as developed as bigger communities surrounding. We enrolled the boys in a local private school- so sports are also limited there. I know that Appleton, Kimberly, and Fond du Lac are some bigger cities in the surrounding counties of Chilton, so I guess my next question would be if anyone has any experience with youth sports leagues (specifically flag football and soccer) in these areas and would there be any recommendation for one league over another for competitive play?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:54 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,252,181 times
The odds of finding such extremely specific info are slim here, unfortunately.

You would be better served by continuing to narrow down specific names of programs in nearby communities and contacting those directly. You can get better feedback that way regarding enrollment and whether or not some have active participants from only local towns or folks farther away, etc.

For soccer specifically, see what the AYSO site says too.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:21 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
forgot about suggesting the actual soccer organizations (been a couple decades since our daughter played here lol) but another one to search out is the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association. I believe they also oversee traveling teams as well as local/regional levels in the state.

Home | Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association

Can't speak for flag fb, but if soccer is as big in the Fox Valley area as it is around here, finding clubs to participate in shouldn't be a problem. I dont know if i would be too concerned about the exact location of the team, as they will start to travel soon enough depending on the age played in.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the info- I'll start looking with these sites and narrow down teams for tryouts from there. Lots of great info on these boards... Looking forward to making the move back Midwest and seeing what Wisconsin has to offer��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin