Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 07:15 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So how do the people of Wisconsin feel about the recount? Are they generally supportive?
It seems to be about a 50/50 split, depending on who you talk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 01:25 PM

747 posts, read 839,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So how do the people of Wisconsin feel about the recount? Are they generally supportive?
Sure, have a recount. Have a dozen recounts. I don't mind celebrating after each one of them. Wisconsin had not seen a party as great as the one on November 9th since Walker landslided the recall vote. Now that was a great day!

Old 11-27-2016, 01:43 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
His staff selections so far has been anything but moderate.
His selection of Bannon was a surprise to me. There's a lot of uncertainty at this point. Will Bannon or Trump denounce the Alt Right? (Do presidents ever denounce their fringe voters?) Who even is the Alt Right? Are they nationalists in the sense of American pride or in the sense of racism? Trumps messages since winning the election have been themed around "trying to work together & unify our great country" so I'm hoping & expecting the best.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:42 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Sure, have a recount. Have a dozen recounts. I don't mind celebrating after each one of them. Wisconsin had not seen a party as great as the one on November 9th since Walker landslided the recall vote. Now that was a great day!
Walker won the recall 53% to 46%. A triumph, to be sure, but a landslide?

Old 12-02-2016, 05:36 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I'm a bit worried about the administration Trump is assembling. As much as I like republicans for some issues I loathe their "war on drugs" and they better not go after the legal marijuana states or they'll basically kill their party going forward. I don't agree with Belling that the democrat party is dying, just that they put up a poor candidate. They start messing with state marijuana laws, they prove they are not a party of "freedom" and also prove how out of touch they are.

Republicans better use the power they have right now wisely to promote INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY and work on FISCAL CONSERVATISM rather than trying to "legislate morality" because no libertarian leaning conservative likes that they think they have to legislate morality. People should be able to do whatever they want in their personal life as long as it doesn't harm anyone else and they have no criminal record (are not felons)

Forget the fact that both parties have been hijacked by globalists and seem to be hell bent on paying refugees the world over to resettle in every developed nation on the planet and Trump to me doesn't seem like much of a fiscal conservative either, I don't particularly like how his 3 tax brackets benefit the top 1% so much.. we shall see if he actually helps the "little guy" .. it remains to be seen.

Last edited by sholomar; 12-02-2016 at 05:48 AM..

Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,858,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm a bit worried about the administration Trump is assembling. As much as I like republicans for some issues I loathe their "war on drugs" and they better not go after the legal marijuana states or they'll basically kill their party going forward. I don't agree with Belling that the democrat party is dying, just that they put up a poor candidate. They start messing with state marijuana laws, they prove they are not a party of "freedom" and also prove how out of touch they are.

Republicans better use the power they have right now wisely to promote INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY and work on FISCAL CONSERVATISM rather than trying to "legislate morality" because no libertarian leaning conservative likes that they think they have to legislate morality. People should be able to do whatever they want in their personal life as long as it doesn't harm anyone else and they have no criminal record (are not felons)

Forget the fact that both parties have been hijacked by globalists and seem to be hell bent on paying refugees the world over to resettle in every developed nation on the planet and Trump to me doesn't seem like much of a fiscal conservative either, I don't particularly like how his 3 tax brackets benefit the top 1% so much.. we shall see if he actually helps the "little guy" .. it remains to be seen.

You do know that approx. 50% of incoming earning citizens in country pay NO federal income tax don't you??

It is tiresome to continually hear the fake argument that tax breaks only go to the RICH!! Tax breaks go to those who pay taxes!

Further - I could care less if someone gets 2 dollars back when I get a dollar. I just want the dollar.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:48 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't even need to "suspect" anymore, I now "know" that Trump supporters are mentally damaged. No sane person would ever vote for that thing. And that's really all I need to say about it.
It's statements like yours that are part of the reason that Hillary lost. Generalization an entire section of people as mentally damaged. I'm one of those supporters, and i ain't mentally damaged.

Another reason she lost, is because people are tired of the Democrats pulling their crap.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:45 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
It's statements like yours that are part of the reason that Hillary lost. Generalization an entire section of people as mentally damaged. I'm one of those supporters, and i ain't mentally damaged.

Another reason she lost, is because people are tired of the Democrats pulling their crap.
No, the main reason is that another "change" candidate won. Clinton was a status quo candidate, whilst Sanders would have been a "change" candidate like Trump being the "change" candidate.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:59 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
No, the main reason is that another "change" candidate won. Clinton was a status quo candidate, whilst Sanders would have been a "change" candidate like Trump being the "change" candidate.
Pretty much. I actually know a handful of folks who are usually Republican voters...they voted for Bernie in the primary, but voted for Trump in the general election. They were never going to vote for an "establishment" candidate like Hillary.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:40 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

Regardless of the Electoral College, the majority of voters voted for Clinton, so more voters wanted her crap than Trump's crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin