Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 05:53 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,364,460 times

Advertisements

I know a couple of interstate truckers out of Wisconsin/Illinois and they say Wisconsin is an amazing bunch of a hole drivers. I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 02:38 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I know a couple of interstate truckers out of Wisconsin/Illinois and they say Wisconsin is an amazing bunch of a hole drivers. I agree
Isn't it like that everywhere? Personally I'd rather drive in a state with aggressive, bleephole drivers than one with overly strict cops and everyone going slow as grannies. I can handle myself, and like freedom and will take the increased risk I might die from someone going too fast and hitting me. It's one reason I think stop lights should be able to be treated like stop signs... in most towns having people sit there pointlessly for 45 seconds at a red when nobody is around and it's safe to go is just .. irritating and creates road rage? Wastes gas and contributes to CO2 emissions? If a person comes to a complete stop, no traffic is there, just let them go.. would reduce congestion too.

Last edited by sholomar; 04-06-2017 at 02:48 PM..

Old 04-07-2017, 01:36 AM

854 posts, read 1,701,942 times

Old 04-12-2017, 06:31 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,364,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Isn't it like that everywhere? Personally I'd rather drive in a state with aggressive, bleephole drivers than one with overly strict cops and everyone going slow as grannies. I can handle myself, and like freedom and will take the increased risk I might die from someone going too fast and hitting me. It's one reason I think stop lights should be able to be treated like stop signs... in most towns having people sit there pointlessly for 45 seconds at a red when nobody is around and it's safe to go is just .. irritating and creates road rage? Wastes gas and contributes to CO2 emissions? If a person comes to a complete stop, no traffic is there, just let them go.. would reduce congestion too.
Have you ever lived in any other states? Arizona is basically 80 mph freeways, cops go 75 even, and nobody is aggressive.

Aggressiveness does not have to be part of the equation. I think a lot of it back there is how there are so many hills, no passing zones, speed traps, etc etc.

Basically every bad part of highway and freeway driving exists in Wisconsin. When people drive like jerks it just makes it ten times worse.

I've never seen a place with so many cops and such a high percentage of total jerk cops.

A lot of places have smart lights now so if nobody is there it stays green.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:31 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,612,045 times
Quote:

I've never seen a place with so many cops and such a high percentage of total jerk cops.
I thought Ohio was the speed trap capital of the US?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:28 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,414,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I thought Ohio was the speed trap capital of the US?
Eastern Ohio uses radar cameras to issue tickets on I-80. I can't wait to be a part of that class action lawsuit!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:

I love Wisconsin, but it is a police state. There are soooooo many cops.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
many states allow one to speed to complete a pass, I've had DA's and judges tell me that they don't bother to correct law enforcement officials because "they think they know everything anyways" and simply throw out the conviction and erase the citation from your driving record.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:51 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
many states allow one to speed to complete a pass, I've had DA's and judges tell me that they don't bother to correct law enforcement officials because "they think they know everything anyways" and simply throw out the conviction and erase the citation from your driving record.
In the same vein...I got a drinking in public ticket and public intoxication ticket at a street festival in Chicago. The cops were huge bags and tried to write me every ticket they could just for drinking a few pabst's in the street. Went to court in downtown chicago, they called my name and told me to go in a little room where a asst. prosecutor was and said "why are you here?" I told him why and he said "are you going to do that again?" I said no and all he said was "ok go have a nice day". What a weird experience. If you have ever went to Milwaukee muni court to fight a ticket it is much different of a process. I didn't have to do any paperwork and no fine. he just typed into a computer and told me to leave. the whole process took about 2.5 mins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin