Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 09:33 PM

108 posts, read 401,703 times

Advertisements

Myself, a couple friends that are local to me (Minneapolis) and a couple friends who are flying into town next week are taking a trip from Minneapolis to Chetek WI from Thur-Sun to catch up, do some fishing etc. We have a cabin reserved on the lake Chetek. Our plans have been to take my boat, but it's been with a guy fixing it for awhile and I don't think it's going to be done in time.. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any places that offer boat rentals that would allow me to take it for the weekend? Preferably a Pontoon, but at this point I'm not picky.

I have tried contacting every place I could find online in Chetek and they're all booked up. Ive also posted on Craigslist with no luck so far.

Again, if anyone knows of anywhere on the way to Chetek (I could go up 35W, or 94 to accommodate) that would allow me to rent a boat and take it with me, I would greatly appreciate it if they could let me know. I'm a boat owner myself, have been boating for much of my life so I know how to operate, I'm 37, Responsible, Insured, can pay collateral or whatever is needed etc.

Just hoping to not spoil the fun trip I had planned for us. Thanks a lot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 10:35 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Hi Dusty,

Did you look at Shorewood Resort already? They appear to have pontoon and motor rentals. You probably did see them, but just in case you didn't...

I hope you find a boat for your trip! It's such a pretty area- Lake Chetek. Maybe put the pressure on your fix-it guy!

Did you look into Eau Claire area at all?

Old 07-23-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes that was one of the many I have contacted. Still no luck. Zombie hills My repair guy is now telling me Tuesday, which will make it come down to the last minute. Believe me I have been on him and I have stressed the importance of having it done (before he even started). Dealt with the same thing last summer with a guy and I didn't get to take the boat out a single time.. Seems to be the case with most guys that work on boats. They seem to work on Island time. Lol. Thanks for the reply..

Old 07-23-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty8940 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes that was one of the many I have contacted. Still no luck. Zombie hills My repair guy is now telling me Tuesday, which will make it come down to the last minute. Believe me I have been on him and I have stressed the importance of having it done (before he even started). Dealt with the same thing last summer with a guy and I didn't get to take the boat out a single time.. Seems to be the case with most guys that work on boats. They seem to work on Island time. Lol. Thanks for the reply..
Well, I will cross my fingers that your boat is ready by Tuesday.
Consider standing in the same room with the guy... "Is it done yet? Is it done yet? How about now? Is it done yet?" He'll work faster just to get rid of you.
We'll think positively... you'll get your boat and have a great time.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Thanks! I appreciate it. I just noticed my last reply auto corrected to say "zombie hills". Not sure how that happened. Must be a conspiracy. lol. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:25 PM

I did see the Zombie Hills and wondered, but figured I'd act like I knew what was happening.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:00 PM

Haha. Ya not even sure what word you could possibly type to have it correct to that. lol. Have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin