Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 AM

740 posts, read 827,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMomNH View Post
We are recent transplants from NH and definitely supporting Walker.

Good choice. You won't be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 05:27 AM

160 posts, read 61,715 times
Walker won. The election is just due process but the election is already over. Nobody is gonna want to return to the misery and poverty stricken life of the Doyle regime and the progressives that drove this state deep into the ground! Nobody is gonna want to see all our jobs leave the state just because liberals want communism. Jobs are now coming back into the state and many people, including the homeless, are finding work and getting off the streets thanks to Walker's effort to get Wisconsin back to work again. The Democrats only offer us more misery, loss of jobs, loss of civil rights, loss of morality, and, they will flood the state with muslims and then you'll really have something to complain about! The overwhelming majority of Wisconsinites, including many liberals, are completely opposed to mass Islamic emigration. But Dems won't listen to Wisconsin people about anything so there you have it: a loss will be guaranteed for the Democrats. Unless the Dems change their entire train of thought there will never be another Democrat governor in the State of Wisconsin ever again. Some of you may laugh but let time be your teacher. You will see for yourselves that Wisconsin is no longer a progressive state.

Oh, and yeah, the Democrats now are good with abortion up to the day of delivery! Baby killing is not cool with most Wisconsinites. Just saying.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM

512 posts, read 469,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
Walker won. The election is just due process but the election is already over. Nobody is gonna want to return to the misery and poverty stricken life of the Doyle regime and the progressives that drove this state deep into the ground! Nobody is gonna want to see all our jobs leave the state just because liberals want communism. Jobs are now coming back into the state and many people, including the homeless, are finding work and getting off the streets thanks to Walker's effort to get Wisconsin back to work again. The Democrats only offer us more misery, loss of jobs, loss of civil rights, loss of morality, and, they will flood the state with muslims and then you'll really have something to complain about! The overwhelming majority of Wisconsinites, including many liberals, are completely opposed to mass Islamic emigration. But Dems won't listen to Wisconsin people about anything so there you have it: a loss will be guaranteed for the Democrats. Unless the Dems change their entire train of thought there will never be another Democrat governor in the State of Wisconsin ever again. Some of you may laugh but let time be your teacher. You will see for yourselves that Wisconsin is no longer a progressive state.

Oh, and yeah, the Democrats now are good with abortion up to the day of delivery! Baby killing is not cool with most Wisconsinites. Just saying.
Everything you have stated in this post is definite nonsense. Don't even get me started. Refer to my previous posts for irrefutable evidence that Wisconsin's economy trails other states (including neighboring Minnesota to the north).

Also, Wisconsin republicans have lost three seats this year to democrats, so no, Walker has NOT already won. Our state has had enough of Walker and his Koch cheaters.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 AM

740 posts, read 827,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Our state has had enough of Walker and his Koch cheaters.

Koch Industries is a major employer with good paying jobs in my neck of the woods. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to bash them.... Give the moochers more reasons not to work by taking them out. SMH

Old 06-19-2018, 07:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,793,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post

Mass Islamic Emigration and Abortion in one post. Fantastic.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,502,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Koch Industries is a major employer with good paying jobs in my neck of the woods. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to bash them.... Give the moochers more reasons not to work by taking them out. SMH
What moochers?

Old 06-20-2018, 04:51 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,212,030 times
I listen to Belling out of Milwaukee as a moderate on iheart so I might have a biased opinion but it seems to me Wisconsin needed Walker to keep them from turning into Illinois.. somewhere between $35K per year and $75K per year and retiring at 50-55 there's a happy medium where the private sector's wages would end up.. short sighted politicians selling out our children's future by promising benefits in the form of bloated pensions back 20+ years ago that let public employees retire at 50-55 with full health care and ridiculous payouts is the root of the issue here however not necessarily the base wage. Didn't we all talk about selling out our children's future back then? Pretty sure we did.

Wages all over the board including college educated professions have decreased relative to the cost of living in the last 30 years so it's not just teaching or other government jobs that would have been effected. I guess like the private sector it all comes down to supply and demand. They'd raise the wage if they had genuine shortages. There must not be teacher shortages. Given teachers work 9 months per year I'd say $50-55K is a reasonable wage given the cost of real estate in the state (much more affordable than many states).. though personally for me that wage is not high enough to justify the cost of 4 years of college so I can understand their perspective on the issue. A lot of college educated fields have seen pay decline relative to cost of living and I would certainly fight for my pay if I was a teacher, short of trying to recall the governor that is. That unnecessary step is what made Wisconsin have a red wave. There's a good chance Trump has ignited a blue wave.

I see Wisconsin as a very split state and see that as one of it's strengths. I can see the damage either party does when they get too much power. I'd like to see Walker remain in as governor.. he's not nearly as bad as the democrats make him out to be, in my opinion.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-20-2018 at 05:18 AM..

Old 07-26-2018, 04:47 AM

512 posts, read 469,986 times
WI democrats need to appeal to the rural voter base to unseat the GOP in this state. Minnesota democrats don't have to mostly rely on rural voters because the Twin Cities metro (which makes up 50-60% of the state and continues to grow) has a solid democratic base, and their suburbs and exurbs don't vote like the WOW counties in the Milwaukee metro. As you can see in the 2016 election, rural voters swung heavily towards trump. There is a sharp urban-rural divide in the state, as evidenced by the 2016 map (the one on the left)

Obama carried Wisconsin twice because of the rural voters, and this is evidenced by this 2012 presidential election map attached (the one on the right).

This past decade (until recently), the rural areas have gone very red (except for Dane County and some parts of Western Wisconsin). Democrats recently won a WI statewide race DUE to rural voters, so if the dems want to remain competitive in this state, they need to elect people who can win back rural voters.
Attached Thumbnails
Wisconsin Governor’s Race 2018-wi-rural-urban-divide.png   Wisconsin Governor’s Race 2018-wi-2012.png  

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 07-26-2018 at 05:00 AM..

Old 07-26-2018, 06:08 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,999,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
WI democrats need to appeal to the rural voter base to unseat the GOP in this state. Minnesota democrats don't have to mostly rely on rural voters because the Twin Cities metro (which makes up 50-60% of the state and continues to grow) has a solid democratic base, ...

MN-- is that situation fair? In IL, Gov. Quinn won the election in '12 but carried only one county out of 104 due to the overwhelming number of Dems in the largest county, Cook (Chicago). Even the Romans knew the danger to democracy of a single, large demographic voting en masse. They started the system that our founding fathers drew upon to level the playing field-- the electoral college.

Rural voters have very different concerns and needs than urban voters. Why should they be forced to comply with the wishes of those who don't share common problems?

Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 PM

26,399 posts, read 46,319,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
MN-- is that situation fair? In IL, Gov. Quinn won the election in '12 but carried only one county out of 104 due to the overwhelming number of Dems in the largest county, Cook (Chicago). Even the Romans knew the danger to democracy of a single, large demographic voting en masse. They started the system that our founding fathers drew upon to level the playing field-- the electoral college.

Rural voters have very different concerns and needs than urban voters. Why should they be forced to comply with the wishes of those who don't share common problems?
Migration is what occurs. Out-migration is extremely intense among the majority of the rural and even higher populated counties in Illinois outside of Chicagoland. Many of those counties have lost 5-10% of their population since 2010. Job growth lagging is also a factor in most downstate counties in Illinois.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin