Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 PM

512 posts, read 474,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Walker and the legislators have been comparatively gentle this past year, probably to try to snag some swing voters who don't like all of the high-tension drama of previous years. Once the election passes (and Walker will likely win), he and his allies will go back to making headlines. That's how politicians game the system.
I don't think it's likely that he'll win the reelection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
We've thought about relocating to Wisconsin. If Walker loses, we might reconsider.
I never vote for Democrats, but I can tolerate a Democratic governor from time to time. However, the brand of democrats in Wisconsin quite frankly terrify me.
Even with Walker's reforms, it is still a very high tax state to the point of pricing people and businesses out.
Madison succeeds because of liberal enthusiasm for living around a large percentage of other liberals as much as it does economic policy. Some places are like that.
I have said in other posts that I'm not concerned about Wisconsin going the way of Illinois in terms of financial turmoil, but it could get back to the point where I wouldn't want to live there... or even afford it if I did.

Last edited by sub; 02-20-2018 at 03:28 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 03:16 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
We've thought about relocating to Wisconsin. If Walker loses, we might reconsider.
I never vote for Democrats, but I can tolerate a Democratic governor from time to time. However, the brand of democrats in Wisconsin quite frankly terrify me.
Even with Walker's reforms, it is still a very high tax state to the point of pricing people and businesses out.
Madison succeeds because of liberal enthusiasm for living around a large percentage of other liberals as much as it does economic policy. Some places are like that.
I have said in other posts that I'm not concerned about Wisconsin going the way of Illinois in terms of financial turmoil, but it could get back to the point where I wouldn't want to live there... or even afford it if I did.
The taxes are going to be high regardless of who's in office: high if the dems are in control, and a little less high if the GOP is in control.

Most of the high-profile dems in Wisconsin are moderate liberals. If they terrify you, I sure hope you're not on the West Coast or in the Northeast, Minnesota, and a few other places!

Old 02-20-2018, 07:59 PM
sub

Uh, no coasts for me, unless we get to call the lakefronts "coasts".
Using "terrify" may have been exaggerating. A little.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:50 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Quote:
Uh, no coasts for me, unless we get to call the lakefronts "coasts".
Using "terrify" may have been exaggerating. A little.
Move to Mississippi, I hear it's paradise.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:03 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Move to Mississippi, I hear it's paradise.
I grew up in an adjacent state to Mississippi. People there are generally freindly, kind of like Wisconsin.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:01 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
I grew up in an adjacent state to Mississippi. People there are generally freindly, kind of like Wisconsin.
I’m not a fan of the rural South at all. Too much of the low tax, low service, poor infrastructure, lower educational attainment, mostly lower wage scale, and mediocre quality of life model. I strongly despise the heat and humidity. The upper Midwest is just better overall in the important categories that matter. I’m not a fan of the Ohio Valley or the rest of the upper South and lower Midwest either. It isn’t for me.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I’m not a fan of the rural South at all. Too much of the low tax, low service, poor infrastructure, lower educational attainment, mostly lower wage scale, and mediocre quality of life model. I strongly despise the heat and humidity. The upper Midwest is just better overall in the important categories that matter. I’m not a fan of the Ohio Valley or the rest of the upper South and lower Midwest either. It isn’t for me.
I was just trying to offset what appeared to be a snarky comment.
As a flaming moderate with a tilt to the right, I prefer Wisconsin. In the grand scheme of things, Mississippi isn't the worst place in the world, and a person can enjoy a good life there if they put in the slightest effort. It's not for everyone, and neither is Wisconsin. Thankfully not every aspect of government is federalized, so we can still find places that fit.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:24 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Quote:
I was just trying to offset what appeared to be a snarky comment.
As a flaming moderate with a tilt to the right, I prefer Wisconsin. In the grand scheme of things, Mississippi isn't the worst place in the world, and a person can enjoy a good life there if they put in the slightest effort. It's not for everyone, and neither is Wisconsin. Thankfully not every aspect of government is federalized, so we can still find places that fit.
Right, it's definitely not the worst. It's probably better than Mauritania.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 AM

747 posts, read 838,784 times
All the Walker campaign needs to do to seal the deal is to play ads showing the union thugs trashing our beautiful capitol and swarming outside screaming and singing "we shall overcome" over and over again. And remember the teachers that ditched their students and had the doctor on the street sign their fake sick report?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin