Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 10:37 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
So what is your educated assessment? Wait let me answer for you- it's all of Society's fault that these folks hate each other.
You are just pissed off or offended because someone blamed you for contributing to the problem instead of walking in someone else’s shoes for half of a second. Yeah, you buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 11:49 PM

512 posts, read 473,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
You are just pissed off or offended because someone blamed you for contributing to the problem instead of walking in someone else’s shoes for half of a second. Yeah, you buddy.
Exactly. Folks who think like this are either super comfortable reaping the benefits of their privilege, or are just flat-out proud of their thinly veiled racism.

Quote:
Aside from a humanity question, no one ever thought twice about how black people killing other black people affected us in our daily lives.
It would be interesting to know what % of shootings this weekend were black on black crime.

(If not 100%, I would wager > 95%)

This is the great unspoken issue that media won't discuss. Why does the south Chicago black society hate itself so much?
It's rather comical that you had to inject race into this discussion, yet you conservatives complain about liberals and black people (such as myself) playing the "race card." Ironic. Your true colors have emerged. Who are "those people" residing in "the hood"? (BTW I am referring to someone else's post regarding the phrases in quotes.). I'd love to know, as it appears you guys are obsessed with race more than we are! Illinois and Chicago may be in trouble, but at least they've attracted enough millennials to drive the workforce unlike Wisconsin. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 08-09-2018 at 12:13 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 07:11 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
So you are now seeing why gov't is never really a solution.

The human is not a perfect being and power corrupts. Why people continue to look to and allow gov't to take control over a "problem" is mind boggling. Hundreds of years of experience shows limited gov't is best, but we continue to allow charlatans to take over.

Gov't policies are established not to "help" but to insert a level of control. In the case of 1960's Democrats; the goal was to brainwash minorities that voting for D will bring about a better life. Read some of the disgusting quotes from LBJ and what he thought about minorities. Yet he and his ilk are the same group that instituted the great welfare and public housing scams of those decades. It's all about power and brainwashing people into voting D. Terrible.

No, I'm not seeing that at all. I'm seeing how government CAN be used to do harm. We see that right now every single day.

I also see how it can be used to do good, when we have good leadership and people aren't voting selfishly or they aren't taking the time and effort to educate themselves. There is a reason why one party has promoted a backlash against education, that is because an educated populace is a threat to them.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Yep, and the construction of expressways in Chicago and other U.S. cities in the 1940's and thereafter was a byproduct of environmental racism, which also facilitated racial segregation.

Good thing you choose to educate yourself. I am just at my wits end with the veiled racism on this forum.

It's not veiled to my eyes. It's pretty overt. Lots of dog whistling going on. If you know how to read things critically, the racism really pops all over this forum.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM

2,659 posts, read 3,855,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Exactly. Folks who think like this are either super comfortable reaping the benefits of their privilege, or are just flat-out proud of their thinly veiled racism.

It's rather comical that you had to inject race into this discussion, yet you conservatives complain about liberals and black people (such as myself) playing the "race card." Ironic. Your true colors have emerged. Who are "those people" residing in "the hood"? (BTW I am referring to someone else's post regarding the phrases in quotes.). I'd love to know, as it appears you guys are obsessed with race more than we are! Illinois and Chicago may be in trouble, but at least they've attracted enough millennials to drive the workforce unlike Wisconsin. I'll leave it at that.
Nope - Once again you prove that your racist thoughts blind you to honest discussion. My comments are not geared around personal feelings. On a daily basis, I could care less as to the race of any individual or party I interact with. You are the one who keeps harping on racism, not me.

You think by just mentioning skin color, there must be a racist component to the author. Frankly that is crap. I expected your response and you met the expectation - thanks.

My post is fact based.
One cannot deny that a significant portion of the BLACK culture of Chicago is broken. No one with eyes, ears and a brain can deny that. It is NOT racist to make that claim.

Now there can be many reasons as to why it is broken and on those we may agree/disagree.

Please stop calling me a racist because you disagree with my opinions. I will stop calling you one too.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, I'm not seeing that at all. I'm seeing how government CAN be used to do harm. We see that right now every single day.

I also see how it can be used to do good, when we have good leadership and people aren't voting selfishly or they aren't taking the time and effort to educate themselves. There is a reason why one party has promoted a backlash against education, that is because an educated populace is a threat to them.
OK - I see your points. I think these points are based on unrealistic expectations but could work with a perfect human population. I prefer to live in the real world and thus think limited government is the lesser of two evils.

The same people that you distrust in the private sector are essentially the same people you trust in the public sector. I find that interesting.

Is gov't necessary - yes? Can government overreach - yes?

Old 08-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Sure- It everyone's fault - good answer.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
The same people that you distrust in the private sector are essentially the same people you trust in the public sector. I find that interesting.
They are not the same people at all.

The people I trust in the public sector are trying to do good public service and build a better society that is responsive to all people (and the environment).

The people I distrust in the private sector are governed by accumulation of money for themselves. Profit and power is their goal.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:14 PM

512 posts, read 473,606 times
Quote:
Nope - Once again you prove that your racist thoughts blind you to honest discussion. My comments are not geared around personal feelings. On a daily basis, I could care less as to the race of any individual or party I interact with. You are the one who keeps harping on racism, not me.

You think by just mentioning skin color, there must be a racist component to the author. Frankly that is crap. I expected your response and you met the expectation - thanks.

My post is fact based.
One cannot deny that a significant portion of the BLACK culture of Chicago is broken. No one with eyes, ears and a brain can deny that. It is NOT racist to make that claim.

Now there can be many reasons as to why it is broken and on those we may agree/disagree.

Please stop calling me a racist because you disagree with my opinions. I will stop calling you one too.
I find it extremely comical when a white person calls black people racist. White people are making a mockery of racism and now applying it to themselves to ignore the very real atrocities of systemic and institutional racism. Extremely pathetic.

If you are so desperate to know why black-on-black crime is rampant in Chicago and why ghettos exist in the first place, look up the term "white privilege". There is nothing wrong with having white privilege as long as you use it wisely, but you obviously aren't.

Make the comfortable uncomfortable!

On the side note: Illinois is in better shape than Wisconsin, and I rest my case! I've nothing else to contribute to this thread. I've said my piece!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 PM

383 posts, read 399,415 times
"On the side note: Illinois is in better shape than Wisconsin, and I rest my case! I've nothing else to contribute to this thread. I've said my piece!"

I gagged when I read this. My 52 years in Illinois tells me otherwise. Illinois will become the next Detroit. All you need to do is look at the financial numbers to see the truth.

66 shot in Chicago last weekend with 12 dead and zero arrests.

Things are just great in Illinois, especially Chicago. Good family kids right?

I worked at CC Jail in the late 70's. Don't tell me there aren't problems on the south and west side. You probably don't believe the racial statistics for these shootings either, so I won't quote em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin