Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,416 times

Advertisements

I am relocating my family from North Georgia to Chippewa Falls, we are renting a home in the West Hill area, the realtor we worked with said that it is a desireable area. Is this so?

We have two boys - 5 and 2 and are looking for activites to get them involved in. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We can't wait to get there and meet new prople and get involved with the community and are open to suggestions on thigs to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
Welcome to Wisconsin. You will want to go to the park near fairgrounds when open as have a small zoo like there, and alot for kids to do and can picnic there. Swim passes come out in May. Unsure of other actvities but am sure Welcome Wagon type deal will help out with that also.
Chippewa falls is a good small town should be a good area there.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
You could take them beer tasting at Leinenkugles Brewery!!!
Just kiddin!! It's a wonderful area you are moving too. Lots of outdoor activities. Good luck!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,391 times
Wink Chippewa Falls is a Wonderful Place to Live :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatowi View Post
I am relocating my family from North Georgia to Chippewa Falls, we are renting a home in the West Hill area, the realtor we worked with said that it is a desireable area. Is this so?

We have two boys - 5 and 2 and are looking for activites to get them involved in. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We can't wait to get there and meet new prople and get involved with the community and are open to suggestions on thigs to do.

Hello I wanted to say that My Wife and Little Girl And Grandson lived in Chippewa Falls for Two Years because of a Job Change we Loved it !!! Gordy's Food Store there has such Great Meats and the Milk there is sooo!Great Like the Old days !you can Taste the Cream I Loved it ! the parks are very Beautiful Bills are Cheeper also our light bill was around $120..00
a month with C/A but the weather is so Great there in the Summer you really dont need air to much !!But the Summers are very Short like three Months!! and it starts cooling off around Sept !!! Get Ready and the winters are very long and very very very Cold ! it starts out when you might say wow how Pretty and this Isent to bad Honey and then It Gets Like in the -40below Zero -30 Below Zero I'm not kidding !
and in Jan when we Left there this past year it Got as low as 50 below Zero It was Cold But i still Loved it !!I did not Like the Winters being so Long But its so Pretty in Chippwa Falls People there well its like any place some are nice some Aren't But for the most part Everyone was Great! the Hospital was Great Rather you where Rich or Poor thy never treated anyone any Diffrent as for where you are moving I dont think you will have any Regreats !! but Just please get Ready for the cold weather one thing we lived there for two years and Not any of us Got Even a Cold !!!! its because the winters are so cold it kills all the Germs Really !! we came back to Arkansasand my wife was very sick and in the Hospital for a week first time shes been sick in 20 years well God Bless You and your family try out Manard's its a Great Place to Get a Lot of Great Stuff we Loved it not sure of the spelling Sorry Enjoy your new Home in Chippwa Falls I wished we were Back there Blessings Phil

Old 06-20-2008, 04:09 PM

11 posts, read 41,962 times
Chippewa Falls is a GREAT place to live. I know, because we've lived here for six years now, and it's also where my husband grew up. There are many, many things to do here. I saw that some places, like Irvine Park, were mentioned earlier. We also host the Northern Wisconsin State Fair in July, have the original Leinenkugel's brewery and Leinie's lodge, a great Parks and Rec department, pretty good schools, the Chippewa Falls Museum of Industry and Technology (Cray Supercomputers company was formed and located here for many years), and some BEAUTIFUL state parks located nearby. We also have an awesome Head Start program, one of the top in the country.

Make sure you visit the CVB office on the corner of Bridge ST and old HWY 29. Tell them you've just moved here, and they have TONS of information. Feel free to email me if you want more info on anything.

Also, don't forget about all of the wonderful surrounding towns and all they have to offer. Eau Claire has a wonderful community, as well as the Children's Museum and Boys and Girl's Club, Menomonie is full of history, Cornell is located halfway between the North pole and the equator, etc. There is sooooo much to do and see around here!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,289 times
Chip Falls is a very nice town,overall probaly as peacefull and calm as any town in
the USA of that size.Low crime,good schools and clean water!
Be aware though, that area of the Upper Midwest has a very stable population.
People here are polite,orderly and law-abiding but still have all their friends from
2nd grade on and 87 relatives within 15 miles.Unless you are rich and/oryoung ,single and sexy they will have little need of your friendship.
Just human nature 101.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM

23 posts, read 99,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
People here are polite,orderly and law-abiding but still have all their friends from
2nd grade on and 87 relatives within 15 miles.Unless you are rich and/oryoung ,single and sexy they will have little need of your friendship.
Just human nature 101.
I grew up in Chippewa, lived there the first 22 years of my life and loved almost every minute. And it's true that you will make friends in elem. school that stay your friend until you die, but I guess I've always thought that that's a good thing, not a bad one. And yes you will have a ton of relatives within an hours drive or so, but again not usually a bad thing esp. if you are raising kids. But we had people moving to town all the time, some of my best friends from Chippewa didn't grow up there but moved there as kids or adults.
With Chippewa being 20-25 min. from a large college town (Eau Claire) people are moving in and out all the time, it's nothing new.

And as for the winter, yes it gets cold. It gets *very* cold if you're not used to it. It also gets dark by about.... 6 during the heart of winter. Just make sure when it's light out to go outside and soak up as much of the light as possible. Play in the snow with your kids, take a walk through the park and look at the huge Christmas display, whatever it'll help a LOT. Good luck! And feel free to email me with any questions!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:10 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,289 times
Didn't say it was a bad thing,or a good thing either for that matter, just thats the way it IS !

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
I agree. The thing about much of WI is that it's hard to break into social circles if you're not from the area. If you have a GA accent, it will likely be even harder, since you'll stand out more.

And, yes, the weather is brutal. Negatives are common. Winter lasts from late October sometimes through April.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 PM

122 posts, read 519,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
I agree. The thing about much of WI is that it's hard to break into social circles if you're not from the area. If you have a GA accent, it will likely be even harder, since you'll stand out more.

And, yes, the weather is brutal. Negatives are common. Winter lasts from late October sometimes through April.

Funny, I am a native Wisconsinite, and I'm moving to Montana. In the Montana forum, "hard to break into social circles if you're not from the area" that is EXACTLY what they say about moving there. LOL!

Doesn't matter WHERE you move too, all the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin