U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 AM

537 posts, read 1,820,613 times

Advertisements

It is snowing today in central Wisconsin. It is my husband's birthday and I remember at least 3 other times it snowed on his birthday.
We planted our peas and lettuce last weekend. In a week or so I will plant some radishes and hardy herbs. Once my 1st crop of lettuce comes up I will plant some more and also spinach. Yesteday we went to Gander Mountain and bought some supplies to plant our food plots. Picked up some corn and a bunch of apple trees too.
Our foundation for our new house is being dug around May 8th and the house is going to be started around May 15th. Saturday we cut down the trees to open up the driveway there. It was cold and windy but once we started it wasn't bad. And yesterday my son and his friends stacked all the wood we cut down. We will have lots of firewood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 AM

4,229 posts, read 16,273,292 times
Good for you ek! Sounds like your house building plans are going as scheduled. I hope this is the last bit of snow for the spring season.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,805,195 times
Don't you just love Gander Mountain. I have a hard time dragging the hubster and son out of there

Snow, snow, snow ... it had me singing Christmas songs this morning!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,339,449 times
We had a blizzard going here for awhile. When I got up there was about an inch on the ground, by noon we had five inches and it still kept coming.

The day ended nice enough with most of it melted.

I think it was May 10th, 1990, might have been 1991, we had this huge snow storm in
Milwaukee. We got about 15 inches by noon. Like a fool I got up and went to work, so did my wife. I was one of five guys that showed up at work out of over a hundred. Not good!

My wife got on the freeway going to Waukesha and couldn't get off. The freeway off-ramps were blocked with cars and semis. It took her six hours to get back home.

This is what it looked like here Monday:
YouTube - April 28th, 2008

Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 PM

673 posts, read 2,994,398 times
My mom called me and said they were having snow in Manitowoc! I told her about the horrible tornadoes we had here in southeastern VA. It is truly amazing no one died! I am used to tornadoes, growing up in WI. Never saw one but have been in several tornado warnings. At least there we had warnings! Here there is no warning other than on TV and the radio and NO BASEMENTS!!

I'd take snow in April any day!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,339,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
My mom called me and said they were having snow in Manitowoc! I told her about the horrible tornadoes we had here in southeastern VA. It is truly amazing no one died! I am used to tornadoes, growing up in WI. Never saw one but have been in several tornado warnings. At least there we had warnings! Here there is no warning other than on TV and the radio and NO BASEMENTS!!

I'd take snow in April any day!

I grew in Texas, tornado alley. And no basements either. Unbelieveable!!!!

I guess we ARE lucky, the April blizzard was all melted by the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin