Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:52 AM

54 posts, read 311,107 times

Advertisements

I think this is the most mild winter I can remember in a long time. I live in the south-west central part of Wisconsin and we have had no snow. The extended forcast for January looks pretty mild, maybe the harsh winters of Wisconsin will be a thing of the past
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 02:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
This sucks. the ice races on Lake Sinnissippi in Hustisford were cancelled for the whole season last year for lack of sufficient ice thickness to support the cars. This winter had better be colder because I don't know if I can go two entire years without any ice racing.

I remember about 4 years ago up in Oneida County the day snowmobile season opened at noon; by 3pm the snowmobile trails were already worn down to mud because there was virtually no snow. Ironically that winter was colder than hell and since there was no snow to insulate the ground, folks' septic fields started to freeze...

Old 12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
My oldest daughter lives in Arizona and gives me a hard time every winter about still living in "the land of ice and snow." They had snow yesterday. We didn't. In fact, here in Madison, we have had one snow fall so far this winter.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 15,797 times
The weather is worrisome...has anyone seen the movie An Inconvenient Truth? I saw it and it really brings the concept of global warming home....I am stunned that the weather is so mild and that global warming is right in front of us. I hope that we as individuals and as a nation can begin changing our behavior, before it is too late.
Linda

Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 AM

9 posts, read 42,283 times
What winter weather? I am a transplant from Chicago and my family and friends were warning me of the terrible winters in my locale(Neenah).So far the temps here are on par with my hometown

.Funny thing is the Chicago area has received more snow than my neck of the woods(so far).People from the Chicago area act like Chicago has Miami weather compared to Wisconsin.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,132,455 times
Many people do not realize how LITTLE snow Wisconsin gets. It is generally much colder than other areas (however on par with Chicagoland), yet to see a snowstorm dump 20 or 30 inches like it happens in Denver or on the east coast is unheard of here. In Madison the all time record for a snowstorm is 17"
In CHicago, NYC, Philly, DC, Denver it is much higher. People really associate cold with snow, but not the case.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,797 times
I sure don't see the winters that we used to have even 15 years ago! Global warming is a reality and I agree that all need to listen and participate in everything we can possibly do to turn this around. Last week on a morning show they showed a big chunk of ice that has broken off the ice caps. They say that the process of warming is going at a faster pace than expected, and that we need to move on it now. Kinda scary, not so much for us but for anyone with children.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:16 AM

54 posts, read 311,107 times
I heard the weather pattern is due to "El Nino" and it will be this way for the next 5 to 7 years.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 7,396 times
Default weather

I hope to move to Wi next year from uk, we returned home 3 days ago after spending christmas with family and was very disappointed that there was no snow,

Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebouncy View Post
I hope to move to Wi next year from uk, we returned home 3 days ago after spending christmas with family and was very disappointed that there was no snow,
Yeah, and so were all the all the tourism/hospitality businesses that count on snow. And they still are disappointed. And they're hurting. Bad. El Niño sucks.

Snow! SNOW!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin