Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 AM

673 posts, read 3,145,980 times

Advertisements

All I know is when I was a teenager, I wanted out of Wi so bad. I grew up in a very small town 30 miles south of Green Bay and I always felt like it was the worst place. There were so many other places to go, etc. Well, I guess I had to learn the lesson that its not always greener on the other side. I moved to Newport News, Va 7 years ago and my huband and I hate it here so much we're planning on moving back to Wi to raise our family. We both love Appleton and I think that is where we're going to call home. If you hate WI, move away and find another state and then in about 5-10 years, compare which place was better. I know it depends on where you live but I found out the hard way and now cant wiat to get back to the cows and the corn fields. It beats all of the racism, heat, and traffic here in the south.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 PM

13 posts, read 53,686 times
Cool Wisconsin ?????????

High Taxes, High Alchohol Useage, too Cold, too Humid in Summer, What Summer. Packers and Deer Hunting - the only things to talk about? Lived hear most of my life. Moving to New Mexico one day and hopefully sooner than later.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:10 AM

4 posts, read 9,722 times
Just remember, you get back in life what you give out, and it seems as though you have a lot of negative energy. Try looking for the positive things that WI has to offer (and there are many)...if you can't find any, then you're not looking hard enough

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 PM

13 posts, read 53,686 times
Unhappy Sorry Lilah

I stand by what I said about Wisconsin. Lived in Fort Collins and Denver Colorado. Houston , TX. Chicago. Upstate New York (Finger Lakes). Portland, OR. They all were much more enjoyable. Only reason I moved back to Packer Land, is because of my elderlly parents.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 PM

3 posts, read 27,217 times
Smile Alabama Boring?? Ah come on

but I can think of quite a few places that would be more boring.Dakotas, West Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.
I had to laugh when I read your message, Im from Kenosha but live in Mobile Al now... and while I miss Kenosha a lot, Alabama is far from boring.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:49 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,924 times
Default that is why we drink!!!

Drinkin is way underrated..give it a try!!!!

Cheers

Old 08-12-2007, 05:05 PM

8 posts, read 50,840 times
I lived there for 31 years and moved out of state and am moving back. What I love about it is people leave you ALONE. I hate when people are in your face and want to know your business. I like to be at home in my backyard with my family. I do not want neighbors looking at me or bothering me. Where I am now you cannot get a moments peace even with a 6 ft privacy fence!

Try looking for a local mom groups to find people to do things. I did that and made great friends who met once a week for playdates and also had mom nights out for dinner, movies and such. I also became very good freinds with a few who got together more often. Since I had my kids before any of my friends I needed friends for my kids around their ages and it worked great!

Old 08-12-2007, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,899 times
There are lots of little lakes and camp grounds where I live. Seems all the time four wheelers are going by my house in the summer and lots of people out boating and fishing.. but then again most times it is people from out of town trying to get away from the city and traffic and end up making lots of traffic up here.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 PM

5 posts, read 23,618 times
I know this is an old thread.. and still people are posting defending their love of WI. Gotta love it.
The OP is long gone, probably a troll, maybe not. So she's bored.. I've read a few posts that say life is what you make it. So true.
So.. my question is.. what is it that you are interested in? What do you do to fill your days.
Should have asked her that..

I am new here, and I hope to become more involved.

Personally.... I love mid WI .. but stuck in SE WI for now.

It's nice to hear so many positive remarks about living in WI.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 AM

270 posts, read 522,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogAddicts View Post
I know this is an old thread.. and still people are posting defending their love of WI. Gotta love it.
The OP is long gone, probably a troll, maybe not. So she's bored.. I've read a few posts that say life is what you make it. So true.
So.. my question is.. what is it that you are interested in? What do you do to fill your days.
Should have asked her that..

I am new here, and I hope to become more involved.

Personally.... I love mid WI .. but stuck in SE WI for now.

It's nice to hear so many positive remarks about living in WI.
It is funny that people can't leave this thread alone, lol. As I've said before, things I like to do--hang out on the beach, or at least go to a nice park. I go to parks around here, and they are like ghost towns. However, when it is 0 degrees outside, you will find hills full of people sledding. I like the sunshine, I like to dance, I like computers and web design (good thing, I can do that anywhere), I like reading about different religions, government, and other things (also something I can do anywhere.) In the winter, I don't like to do much at all except stay inside. Thanks for asking. Hmm, wonder why dogaddict feels "stuck" in SE Wisconsin, if Wisconsin is so great. Personally, I feel SE Wisconsin is the best part of Wisconsin, because I finally feel that I'm not in the middle of nowhere. Guess that's why other's don't like it. Depends on each one's point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin