Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times

Advertisements

Hey wigirl920, There is this really cool weather site called wunderground dot com and they have boat loads of info regarding the weather, It's awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
My favorite site is NOAA, the National Weather Service. They have so many options to choose from and I really like their radar and satellite maps.

If any of you get the chance, attend one of the weather spotter talks the National Weather Service has. I went to one in Manitowoc (they came from Green Bay) and it was very informative. The brochure they hand out about storms is pretty cool.

This fall the weather office in Green Bay is supposed to be having an open house and if they do, I will definitely be there!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
My favorite site is NOAA, the National Weather Service. They have so many options to choose from and I really like their radar and satellite maps.

If any of you get the chance, attend one of the weather spotter talks the National Weather Service has. I went to one in Manitowoc (they came from Green Bay) and it was very informative. The brochure they hand out about storms is pretty cool.

This fall the weather office in Green Bay is supposed to be having an open house and if they do, I will definitely be there!
that sounds fun. what do they teach you? i should've been a storm chaser now that would be cool

Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,154 times
For me, one of the absolute BEST things about Wisconsin is the thunderboomers. I love them! So vibrant! So dazzling! So... so LOUD. BOOOOOOM!!!

We've lived in a number of states in the Midwest and on the East Coast and I can't remember anywhere that had storms as intense (and I mean that in a good way). Of course, I don't like the destructive parts, but if you subtract that out and just appreciate the storm for what it is, it's really remarkable.

Well done, Wisconsin!

((I loved this past winter, too, with the snow snow snow -- fantastic!))

Old 08-07-2008, 09:21 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
nelly,

I agree about the storms they are pretty awesome. here if there is a little downpour we are on storm watch! it's ridiculous. the winter is what i have been saying over and over is what i am most afraid of. the cabin fever and lack of sunlight. but the storms that's what i call cool.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM

12 posts, read 45,653 times
Wisconsin has the best thunderstorms. I used to get so excited when I was a kid when a thunderstorm was due to roll in. I used to stand on the porch and video tape the sky. I've always wanted to see a tornado (I've even had a recurring dreams about them for years). I've been through many a tornado warnings, but have never actually seen one. Maybe someday I'll see one touch down in some wide open area out in the country where it won't damage anything.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 AM

122 posts, read 519,480 times
Default My tornado chasing debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
Is it only me or does anyone else LOVE the Thunderstorms that you see in WI? when we lived there I loved the way a T-Storm would roll in, ravage the sky with lightning and an Immense downpour would come and then be gone quickly. It would usually flood the street that i lived on. But i would stand at the front door (behind the storm door) and just watch with amazement. you just don't see storms like that in CA. let me know your thoughts!!!

I captured these when I stayed home from work that day. Ended up storm chasing. When I first spotted the funnel trying to form, it was about 200 to 300 FEET north of my house. Funnel touched down near Almena WI. The first pic I sent to KARE11 and they broadcasted on the news that night with my name. My 15 mins of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin