Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:30 PM

426 posts, read 1,736,356 times

Advertisements

I grow up in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and graduated from Oshkosh North High School in 2003. I do not like it in Wisconsin, and after I graduate from Madison I plan on moving to California. The weather is just too horrible.

Does anyone else want to get out too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 04:36 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,320 times
Sounds so much like me....grew up in new berlin....went to college...stayed for 3 years after that & then moved to florida in 97...went back this past september (2006)....believe it or not i dont miss it and i most likely would not move back...

Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
I love Wisconsin...Born in Milwaukee and raised in the north and left went south to the sun and Hated it and am glad to be back where the air is clean,the seasons change and we are not crowded by buildings and polluted lakes and such.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 AM

80 posts, read 562,735 times
I hate WI, too or at least eastern WI. La Crosse and that area is fine. I lived in Fond du Lac for a year. Worst year of my life. I grew up in a town in MN on the Mississippi River and could see WI across the river. The southeastern part of WI is okay. We spend and have spent a lot of time in La Crosse, but Fond du Lac, no thanks. Cost of living is way too high, people are not at all friendly to outsiders, drinking is way too big a part of the culture. Sure, they drink in MN and eastern WI. Lots of drinking in La Crosse, but there are also many other things to do that you can avoid the drinking. It isn't such a huge part of everyone's life like it is in Fond du Lac. After a year there, we decided to move home to MN. Glad to be back home!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Yes, even on this sub zero fridgid day I love Wisconsin. I have lived many places around the U.S. and have traveled half the world but I always come back to my beloved Wisconsin. And I finally have figured out that God knew exactly what He was doing when he planted me here. I love the natural beauty, the friendly people, and the wide range of things to see and do. There a lot of places in the world I love to visit but there is only one place I want to live...Wisconsin.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 AM

45 posts, read 147,506 times
Default I love WI!

Even with all the pros and cons.The thing is,I am not a city lover.I am a nature lover and WI has what I want.This below zero temp. is getting to me though,LOL. But it is only for a few months. I love the chaning seasons.The weather is no longer like it used to be though.So that is good and bad.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:56 AM

3 posts, read 30,126 times
Angry I Hate Wisconsin

I was born and raised in this sh**t hole! I hate Wisconsin. The weather here is horrible, property taxes are VERY high, there are no beautiful places (nature), and there are lots of people wearing mullets and drinking cheap beer. Depressing. Milwaukee is violent and ugly. The only decent city is Madison, but housing there sucks.
I am about to get my MA, and I'm getting the hell out of here!

Old 02-10-2007, 03:25 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
Dang must never been in Northern Wisconsin..All nature up here..But hey more that leave more of this wonderful nature can stay instead of getting timbered out for people to build houses that cost 200,000 plus that keep taxes up..I would rather be able to take a nice walk in fresh clean crisp air in the north than go to some state that has more concrete than tree's and farmland and not much for climate changes..To all that still love it here, we know what is meant by GOD's country and all this negativity not be changing our minds.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 PM

11 posts, read 34,334 times
I'm not a fan of Wisconsin. I've always lived in Green Bay and as soon as I graduate from UWGB, I'm moving to Portland or Seattle. My main problem with this state is the focus on beer and brats. I'm a vegetarian, I don't drink, and would like a place with better museums. I don't love the -20 windchills but that's not a chief reason.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 PM

323 posts, read 1,969,222 times
Default Something to think about before moving to the northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtledarling View Post
I'm not a fan of Wisconsin. I've always lived in Green Bay and as soon as I graduate from UWGB, I'm moving to Portland or Seattle. My main problem with this state is the focus on beer and brats. I'm a vegetarian, I don't drink, and would like a place with better museums. I don't love the -20 windchills but that's not a chief reason.
Not that I have anything against your convictions, but before you move out here you might want to consider what it's like to live without sun for most of 9 months/year . We recently went from Halloween to almost the end of the year without a sunny day - and that's not a record. People who don't live here talk about the rain but mostly the residents talk about the gray, sunless, joyless months between October and the start of summer after the 4th of July. The great Pacific Northwet has a lot going for it but unless you really don't care about the sun, the weather isn't one of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin