Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:22 PM

323 posts, read 1,965,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrider View Post
Please take every rotten nasty low life DWD wisconsin state employees in Madison with you.
So what does DWD stand for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 PM

14 posts, read 35,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapetacoma View Post
So what does DWD stand for?
was wondering the same thing.....

Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,505,565 times
DWD = Department of Workforce Development

Old 02-17-2007, 10:43 AM

323 posts, read 1,965,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
DWD = Department of Workforce Development
Thank you. I'd assume, then, that the UC he mentions in other posts would be Unemployment Claim or maybe Unemployment Compensation?

Old 02-17-2007, 08:11 PM

653 posts, read 3,400,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeep View Post
yeah, it seems that mr gregg has some deep personal vendetta against appleton. maybe the city of appleton slept with his wife?
I do have a sense of humor and your post did make me laugh. The "sleeping problem" in Appleton is that the city government is in fact asleep at the wheel. They bungled a downtown mall in the 80s and the taxpayers footed the bill. Than they bungled a wastewater treatment plant and once again the taxpayers footed the bill. NOW, it's a 50 million dollar plus, water tratment plant that has been bungled. And guess what--my most recent water bill has a 28 percent increase on it. Next we will pay for an I-Max type theatre that went belly up and that that city is involved with. Also a downtown condiminium that is a flop with city involvement. Appleton has WEAK leadership. It has a tax and spend mindset. Projects are not thought out well enough and the citizenship doesn't either want to or cannot be involved in decision making. The "shots", if you will, that are called here in Appleton, are made by a handful of the very wealthy. I like to compare it to how the mob at one time ran Las Vegas. Appleton was my hometown. It at one time was a friendly, well managed place. Through the years I cannot help but believe that POOR leadership has caused the city to take a slide downhill. To those that like the city-Great. To those who may want to move there-Good Luck and fortune to you there. As for me, my escape from Appleton was my greatest. Just as it was for Harry Houdini!!!!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:18 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,505,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapetacoma View Post
Thank you. I'd assume, then, that the UC he mentions in other posts would be Unemployment Claim or maybe Unemployment Compensation?

That would be it. Will say no more as will be nice.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:11 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,855,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Lem....no that is what is so great. You actually just proved one of the reasons why we are glad to be out of WI. Thank you.
Ditto.

My husband was actually accused of being gay when we first moved here simply because he held a door open for another man who had his hands full. I have never experienced such rudeness in my life. I could go on and on with things that have happened since we landed here last year.

Lem proves that point all too well.

amax41, enjoy your new life! I wish you the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin