U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2006, 04:58 AM

2 posts, read 8,496 times
Default Looking for local ghost stories

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile a collection of local "ghost" stories from the general Milwaukee/ SE WI area for possible inclusion on my website and for personal curiousity. If anyone has a personal story or experience they'd like to share, I would love to hear it. And because I know this can be a sensitive (and sometimes offensive) subject matter for people, you can privately submit any experiences to my website rather than posting them below. Also, if you do post or e-mail a reply, please let me know if I may contact you to discuss your story in further detail, and if you would object to having your story posted on my site.

You can conatct me with your stories at:
removed

Thank you,
Krista

Last edited by Yac; 06-03-2006 at 05:25 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2006, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,496 times
just wondering why my link was removed.... I've seen posts with other links visible....

I'm new to the forum and I didn't mean to break any forum rules. My apologies.

You can see the url to post any stories if you view my profile. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:09 AM

7,971 posts, read 2,343,733 times
Default url removed

We remove any links to advertising, commercial sites as well as personal sites. Having the link in your profile is a good idea.

Regards,

markablue

Homepage
Forum Rules
FAQ

Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 AM

20 posts, read 44,594 times
hey i have a good story to share.. quick question tho... what is your opinion on marijuana? No problem with it and know its safe or are you a real conservative mom of 2 type person who hates it, because my story, while interesting, contains reference to it. Cut me slack tho because it was one of my first times and quit after that and havent done it since. Anyway lemme know.. i even have creepy pictures!

btw www.theshadowlands.net <-- great place to learn about local haunted places. dono if this is in compliance with the sites rule but if it gets deleted i'll just send it by PM. have a good one

Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM

11 posts, read 48,351 times
cool topic!!!
I know that my haunted stories are not in the SE wi, though. But you have most likely heard of the Walker House in Mineral Point. My parents bought the hotel almost a year ago. What an interesting place. I believe it is hauted and have actually "felt" the present of at least 15 ghost while walking threw the place. Actually caught a glimpse of a figure the other day out of the corner of my eye. Cool stuff. Have many pictures with orbs. One of these days I would love to write a book on all of my experiense plus the guest's experiences on this place.

Lisa

Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,727 times
Go to http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/wisconsin.htm

It should provide you with more than enough stories, how true some are I don't know. I know the one from Argonne is!

Old 08-10-2006, 01:38 PM

45 posts, read 100,657 times
I had alot of 'happenings' wherever I lived. The most active place was in Caroline,WI.I used to co-own a house there.But that is in southern Shawano county.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrlvr2 View Post
I had alot of 'happenings' wherever I lived. The most active place was in Caroline,WI.I used to co-own a house there.But that is in southern Shawano county.
Where is this active house in Caroline? Im from the area and just heard about a house in Caroline, where a women grew up there and went back to take pictures of the house and when they looked at the pictures there were figures on the roof and windows..They say a banker comitted suicide in the house. Anybody with any information would be great........

Old 09-15-2006, 03:27 AM

45 posts, read 100,657 times
Talking Ufda

What house in Caroline are you talking about?The house I used to own was a huge white Victorian house(with a steeple room) on top of a hill.Not sure if you know the streets in the area,but if you were facing the bridge(next to post office,on right) and looked directly down the street,the old house is right there,look up.The people that own it now(??) have let it go,looks bad now.I do have a picture of it somewhere on my computer.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,462 times
Hi natrlvr2

The house im talking about it on M heading into Shawano i believe, im going out there next week. It has been so long since i have been in Caroling but i remember the post office being on a corner, i can picture the bridge. I will have to look for your house. I can send you a picture if you want. Thank you for the information. Sounds like to different house's i could be wrong. You could send me a picture of your house if you want dgooch@wittenbergnet.net .............Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin