U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,086 times
Smile Neenah

Neenah...a small town? That's similar to looking at a 30,000 person Chicago suburb (of which there are many in Chicagoland) and labeling that suburb a small town. Neenah is directly contiguous with Menasha which is directly contiguous with Appleton and so on down the stream of Fox Cities.

I truly think when looking at just one of the fox cities in isolation is not fair to the area. Living in neenah would feel a lot different if it were just Neenah and nothing for 50 miles. Living in the fox cities is nothing like that at all.

The fox cities population is 360,000 people...certainly a lot bigger than Neenah itself (24k), but also a lot smaller than cities like Milwaukee and Chicago. The Fox Cities are just slightly less populous than Madison.

Everything in the suburbs exists in the Fox Cities, except the traffic. Obviously, proximity to a big city is not there in the Fox Cities (well, Milwaukee is 90 miles away), but then again many people who live in the suburbs rarely go into the city and do so only when they have to.

Particularly if you like cold weather, you will enjoy living in the fox cities. The people are very warm and very friendly as a whole (compared to other areas I've lived). It is relatively homogenous and mostly white, but then again, so are many suburbs of big cities. We do have a few blacks, some asians and some latinos...the fox cities are actually more diverse than many suburbs of big cities.

Last edited by Thefoxcitiesrule; 06-09-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,888 times
Default Re:"...do I take my job offer in Neenah,WI?"

Take it from someone who worked for Kimberly-Clark, you couldn't pay me enough money to work for them. Their "tactics" of the last few years,has really tarnished their reputation. The only thing that K.C. values, is the almighty dollar.Think long and hard, before you accept ANY job offer from them.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 AM

35,630 posts, read 53,228,923 times
Uhm.... this thread is almost 8 months old. Something tells me the offer is not still on the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin