Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 17,321 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving from California to green bay, wi in 2 weeks. Big move!! So i need some help as i have no idea about green bay area. My work place is near S broadway. So can anyone suggest any good apartments near this area or any other decent locations. Also is there much public transportation around or you would need a car to move around. I know it snows heavily there but i would like to know what are the coldest months.

Mainly help me with good apartments. looking for something cheap mostly 1 bedroom or maybe 2 bedroom near about $500 per month.

Thanks for your helps!

Sumeet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 12:51 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I'm not intimately familiar with Green Bay, but I know enough about it to know that its public transportation network (buses only) is strictly bare-bones. The low population density and convenience of auto travel doesn't really justify much more than that. So bring a car. If you don't already have one, get one.

Coldest months are January and February. December is no picnic either. Expect overnight lows to routinely drop into the single digits. The average overnight low in GB in the heart of winter is about 7 degrees. Expect a few days a year where the high temp never reaches zero.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:14 PM

10 posts, read 59,184 times
Public transportation is bare bones and limited but it's safe. Cost is $1.50 per round trip (w/ a transfer ticket). They don't really put much effort into it..as the suburbs have gown (Bellevue,Howard,etc) they've done a poor job of revising the routes to service these areas. I would say you need a car. I do not think a bus goes down by where your work is,it would be a bit of a walk and some of that area is not good (it's not bad but it's not good). The city is very spread out and things open after 9pm are very scattershot. So,if it's 11pm and you need milk or are hungry for a burger chances are if you are close to a 24 hour McDonalds that the corner market is 4 miles the other way or vice versa. The bus will serve you M-F/9-5 but outside of that you will have a tough go.

No trains. Taxi's are expensive.

Feb. is by far the worst month cold-wise. I don't find it's too bad through Christmas. Our winters have been mild and dry lately. Not much snow,that is usually hype. I mean,we get snow but it's not the end of the world blizzards the media makes you think it is. But yeah,Jan through March can be very cold and harsh.

I pay $440 for a small 1 bedroom in Ashwaubenon. $500 for 2 might work. There is no such thing as a 'cheap' apartment around here anymore. Even apartments in the bad areas are expensive.

I would look at West De Pere for apartments. You might pay $50 more a month than you would in GB but it will be worth it.

You can Google Green Bay METRO transit/bus for maps and all of that.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 17,321 times
thank you guys! you been a great help!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 PM

28 posts, read 196,188 times
Hi Sumeet,

I don't know if you'd still be looking for a place to live but I live in a great apartment complex in West De Pere. It's called Quarry Park Apts. They don't have many openings because it's a brand new complex and people are moving in left and right. However, my husband and I are relocating to Florida this month due to a job, so our one-bedroom will be available for October. Just a thought, let me know if you are interested and I'll give you the landlord's number!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin