Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,183 times

Advertisements

Appleton Is Really Nice We Have Great Schools And So Much To Offer. Our Parks Are Nice .i Know Years Ago It Was Really Diffrent More Stores Down Town Which Was Nice. But Everything Changes As Life Goes On. We Do Have Stores But More Bars And Places To Eat Down Town. But I Do Beleave That U Would Like Living Here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Can Someone Please Explain To Me This New Internet Phenomenon Of Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Word? That Seems Awfully Time-Consuming And Pointless, Plus It Makes It Difficult To Read Smoothly. What Is Up With That?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,626 times
Hello ~

I really appreciate your assessment of Appleton. I moved away over 7 years ago. I've heard some bad things about changes but I really appreciate your good side approach to describing the changes in Appleton. Can you tell me anything about the job potential and housing situation...i.e, is there a glut of houses for sale, how is the renting area look, etc. I am looking to move back soon. Thank you so much for your help. :-))

Old 10-22-2007, 03:52 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAngel View Post
Hello ~

I really appreciate your assessment of Appleton. I moved away over 7 years ago. I've heard some bad things about changes but I really appreciate your good side approach to describing the changes in Appleton. Can you tell me anything about the job potential and housing situation...i.e, is there a glut of houses for sale, how is the renting area look, etc. I am looking to move back soon. Thank you so much for your help. :-))
I moved away 7 years ago as well from the Manitowoc County region but I worked in Appleton. My husband and I are planning on moving back in 3 years and we're concerned about the job market as well, we're going for IT degrees. Hopefully we'll be able to find something. Good luck with your move!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
I would not recommend Appleton. I spent 6 1/2 years there , originally from SE Wis. and was blown away at how rude people were, esp. behind the wheel. Without a doubt the rudest drivers in Wisconsin are in Northeast Wisconsin. I've never been tailgated and flipped off so many times. the people have a "me-first" mentality, both on the road and in stores about town. Again part of the conservative nature, unlike most of the rest of generally liberal Wisconsin. When I first move up there I had a 25min commute on the highway and was far more stressed out driving to Oshkosh every day than driving in rush hour Milwaukee traffic.

The main river flowing through town , the Fox, is so full of PCB's from the paper mills that dredging alone won't help. They now are considering putting a layer of cement over the river bottom to keep the PCB's from coming up. Have people been sniffing the PCB fumes to long up there? They are the rudest people in all of Wisconsin. you can't look anywhere without seeing the smoke stakes of environmental pollution.

Some people have stated no traffic problems? have they never tried to get on the highway at 4.30pm from Wisconsin Ave or College Ave?

If you move to Appleton you will not be getting a real taste of what Wisconsin is really like. I liken it more to living on the east coast where everybody is rush - rush and me first.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I would not recommend Appleton. I spent 6 1/2 years there , originally from SE Wis. and was blown away at how rude people were, esp. behind the wheel. Without a doubt the rudest drivers in Wisconsin are in Northeast Wisconsin. I've never been tailgated and flipped off so many times. the people have a "me-first" mentality, both on the road and in stores about town. Again part of the conservative nature, unlike most of the rest of generally liberal Wisconsin. When I first move up there I had a 25min commute on the highway and was far more stressed out driving to Oshkosh every day than driving in rush hour Milwaukee traffic.
i don't know if i'd call anyone here a rude driver. flippin idiots? sure, lot of those! but i haven't come across too many that were downright rude on purpose anyway.

Quote:
Some people have stated no traffic problems? have they never tried to get on the highway at 4.30pm from Wisconsin Ave or College Ave?
when the extent of your problems is two or three main roads getting heavy for about 45 minutes worth of time, you're in pretty good shape i'd say (although i admit i dislike wisconsin ave no matter when)

Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
i don't know if i'd call anyone here a rude driver. flippin idiots? sure, lot of those! but i haven't come across too many that were downright rude on purpose anyway.

when the extent of your problems is two or three main roads getting heavy for about 45 minutes worth of time, you're in pretty good shape i'd say (although i admit i dislike wisconsin ave no matter when)

what is your standard for rude drivers? They truely are the rudest I've ever experience in the entire state. There's a noticable difference.

For a city the size of Appleton they sure do have unusual traffic problems. Have you ever driven down any major road in Appleton at 5.00am? The lights are not time at all. Instead of flashing yellow and having the side streets flashing red when there is no cross traffic the lights are timed like it's noon. How stupid to sit there at 5.00am and catch literally half of the 10 lights on Wisconsin ave before I get to US41? Cities half the size of Appleton have this figured out. In general you catch alot of lights driving all over that you never should.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:19 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Appleton is a weird place. People there think it's really a great place, they act like they are from the Chicago north shore. Bottom line though, it's northern Wisconsin. A bunch of cheeseheads acting like they are high society.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:44 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
high society LOL. like this is the hamptons or something

nah i don't see any of that in appleton. neenah, on the other hand, has alot of cloud sniffers

Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,626 times
You all are funny! I moved to other areas of the US and found loads of incredibly rude drivers and much worse traffic than I ever experienced while living in Appleton. What changes have been made in the past 10 years? Any changes in the neighborhoods or are people staying put....Thanks again for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin