Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Superior and my family love this sour cream made by Mid-America Farms called Top the Tater. Anyone hear of it?

So here's the crazy part. Anytime I hear of a co-worker going back to Wisconsin for something, I ask them to look for and purchase some and bring it back. Inevitably, they come back empty-handed

When my family or I go back, we'll get a case (or two...or four) and literally buy-out an entire store's supply. There are several stores here that carry Mid-America Farms products, but they refuse to bring in this particular product.

Is this a northern Wisconsin product only....as my co-workers had all been to the southern part of the state and said they couldn't find any. Also, I've "googled" it and cannot find much on being able to purchase it online. Can ANYONE give me some suggestions for being able to get either the manufacturer or some store back there to ship it????

I know...sounds crazy...it's JUST sour cream right? Nope....anyone who's had the pleasure of tasting the stuff would agree....

I appreciate anything anyone can give me! thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times
I don't know if this is the answer, but my wife used to work for a major grocery supplies in s. Wisconsin.

She learned that groceries in most of the state come out of Milwaukee/Madison suppliers, while those in the NW (roughly west and north of Stevens Point) come out of Twin City suppliers.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM

746 posts, read 2,175,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
I don't know if this is the answer, but my wife used to work for a major grocery supplies in s. Wisconsin.

She learned that groceries in most of the state come out of Milwaukee/Madison suppliers, while those in the NW (roughly west and north of Stevens Point) come out of Twin City suppliers.
This sounds about right. All the stores I know in West Central WI have it.
I found it on one of their sites.
http://shop.mywebgrocer.com/shop.asp...=9C041296&ns=1

Last edited by geekduo; 11-20-2008 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 11-21-2008, 06:25 PM

you guys ROCK! now if only I can get that grocer to ship it!!! LOL

It's a start....thanks so much for the replies!!! (just seeing the little picture of it made me drool a bit)!

THANKS AGAIN!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 AM

537 posts, read 1,939,258 times
I was at Wal Mart in Rib Mountain (Wausau) today and they have it.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 12,054 times
Post Top the tater

I love this stuff. My dad just brought some down from Stevens Point when they came to visit in Texas. I just ran across this website and the person will ship it to you, but is a little pricey. Anyways here is the website. Home (http://minnesotacrack.com/default.aspx - broken link)

Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 PM

41 posts, read 191,284 times
Default Top the Tater!

I grew up in Minneapolis, and went to school in Eau Claire. Now I live in Phoenix. Top the Tater is one of those midwest things that I really miss, and no one seems to understand why. At least I'm not the only one suffering from a little withdrawal

Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 AM

update...

one of my co-workers went back to the Duluth-Superior area and brought me some back (2 cases actually)...so I called my sister to brag a little bit that "I've got something that you don't got...I've got something that you want!!"..... (keep in mind, she lives in a VERY small town in Wyoming called Crowheart....I think the population is less than 50 or something)....

She said, "So what? I can just drive to Dubois (40 miles away...population 10000) and get some at the supermarket". WWHHHAAAT? Apparently, when my parents lived there, they talked to store owner into getting it (obviously well after I left). So apparently, I just have to drive 275 miles (one way) in order to get it....as opposed to 1200 miles (one way)!!! WWOOOO HHHOOOO!

You guys rock...thanks so much for the input!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 11,417 times
I was just in International Falls, Mn and I tried it for the first time.... I love it and brought some home. none of the stores in Missouri carry it......

Old 07-25-2009, 07:21 PM

83 posts, read 232,143 times
So, just WHAT is this tater topper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin