Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 11,225 times

Advertisements

My husband may be getting a job in Kohler WI and I'm trying to prepare ahead of time to find out some areas for us to live. We're 24 and 25 in the beginning of our careers with no children and two dogs one big, one small. I'm currently a receptionist at a medical office and my husband works in the hospitality field. We're from a town of 6,000 and 20 minutes away from Wal-Mart, Target, and a Kohls for our shopping experences. We like the idea of living somewhere with land for outdoor winter/summer activities but knowing we can drive an hour away to Green Bay or Milwaukee or preferably 20-30 minutes for shopping. A few towns I have in mind from other posts and some research of my own are Elkhart Lake, Oostburg, and Howards Grove. Is one of these areas better then the rest and what does rent cost for a two bedroom apartment that allows pets. Also not knowing much about the area I'm concerned if I'd be able to find a job. I have my associates degree in General Business and two years of office experience. Are there many jobs in Sheboygan County for this field or would I have better luck commuting to Green Bay or Milwaukee. Any information would be very helpful since I'm excited yet nervous since this would be our first move from our home town. We both really like the Sheboygan area and have family in Green Bay. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 11,225 times
Default Sheboygan Area Information Needed

My husband may be getting a job in Kohler WI and I'm trying to prepare ahead of time to find out some areas for us to live. We're 24 and 25 in the beginning of our careers with no children and two dogs one big, one small. I'm currently a receptionist at a medical office and my husband works in the hospitality field. We like the idea of living somewhere with land for outdoor winter/summer activities but knowing we can drive an hour away to Green Bay or Milwaukee or preferably 20-30 minutes for shopping. A few towns I have in mind from other posts and some research of my own are Elkhart Lake, Oostburg, and Howards Grove. Is one of these areas better then the rest and what does rent cost for a two bedroom apartment that allows pets. Also not knowing much about the area I'm concerned if I'd be able to find a job. I have my associates degree in General Business and two years of office experience. Are there many jobs in Sheboygan County for this field or would I have better luck commuting to Green Bay or Milwaukee. Any information would be very helpful since I'm excited yet nervous since this would be our first move from our home town. We both really like the Sheboygan area and have family in Green Bay. Thank you.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 AM

51 posts, read 160,957 times
I can help. I live in Kohler and we looked at homes in all the places you mentioned. You will have no trouble finding wide open spaces for outdoor activities in Sheboygan County. Loads of hiking and biking, fishing is BIG, cross country skiing, many nice golf courses...etc.

I think your choices are wide open since you have no kids and don't have to worry about school quality. I can't help you with rental costs since we never researched that option. As far as finding a job goes, most of those will be in Sheboygan itself, but the commute from the towns you mentioned won't be bad at all.

Last edited by hedwigger; 11-25-2008 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: PM me with any more questions you may have!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin