Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:45 PM

105 posts, read 262,401 times

Advertisements

Just got done snow blowing the neighbors drive. Nice and cold! There is going to be snow tonight so I’ll go out and take some pics.

SUECEN. I did drive to see Our Lady of Gaudalupe. The setting is just fantastic. I was looking for Mt. Lacrosse. I could only stay for a short time and did not see everything. It would be interesting to see in the spring. I love to take pics of nature so you can expect some cool shots. I will read your other post on La Crosse. I do have video of the rotary lights in down town by the river. It is very cool.

SUSANCRUZ. I also love the lake. Moving out of your element is always a big risk but could have tons of rewards. Boy I remember my last drive in Iowa like it was yesterday……………
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I (cut and past if like does not work)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Great video, my family might not find it amusing but I do! I'm glad you are enjoying LaCrosse, a great area.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,609,576 times
Couleeguy, That's an awesome video. I do like Iowa because it has Dyersville and Dubuque. Some of you may ask what is Dyersville? Well Dyersville is home to Ertl Toy factory. They've been making die cast farm tractors for years. I used to spend hours in the sand box playing with mini tractors that were made from Ertl. I love Dubuque, the setting is perfect, as is La Crosse.

If you do get some pictures please post them on the Wisconsin photo sticky! Other members as well as myself have posted many pictures of our beautiful state for the viewing pleasure of others.

Here's a link to it. There's 70+ pages, some just chit chat.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/wisco...wisconsin.html

Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Truth in humor, I love it

Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,547 times
CG: I did make it to see pics - thanks !! Are you familiar with Ankeny, IA? My friend lived there for a year until the husband found a job in CT and then now in Oshkosh. She did not care for Iowa and seems pretty happy in Oshkosh to raise her family (they move a lot!!)

Old 12-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Suecen,

I have heard of Ankeny, IA. We looked at a few houses there when we were looking to buy. The houses we saw we did not like. I am really negative about Iowa and I could easily start bashing………..easily! I still can’t believe I lived there. I’m trying to focus on the positive, like……..LA CROSSE. I wish I could say, “ I did not care for Iowa” I’m more like “ I hate Iowa”

Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
My husband took me to La Crosse last July. We took a dinner cruise on a little riverboat on the Mississippi.

I wasn't as impressed with La Crosse as I thought I'd be (granted, I didn't see much of it though). But I thought the Mississippi River was absolutely beautiful!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:02 PM

The Mississippi river is beautiful. We arrived late in the season to try the dinner cruise. I also like the down town area. The shops and the art galleries. For my wife and I , from the time we first saw and experienced La Crosse we knew this was the place for us.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,547 times
Former: Try to get back to La Crosse; especially in summer. You'd be surprised really at all the things there are to do and see; including surrounding places such as Trempealeau.

CG: Have you been to Perot State Park near Trempealeau? You would get some excellent shots there!! Also, there is Fountain City where a huge boulder came through a house - it is in that book on weird sites in Wisconsin.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:12 PM

I just goggled Perot State Park near Trempealeau. This is very close and a great Idea. If any of you have any other ideas, please share. I started taking Photographs ironically in Iowa to take my mind off of where I was. I tried to find the good and beauty and did find it. I will try to fill up my Myspace page with Picks and also will post here. A neighbor stopped over to day just to introduce himself, oh yes he brought some Venison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin