Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This should be my last visit to this WI forum, so any favor back from you will not be returned.
You probably will come back to see if I replied, but I'll let you have the last word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM

261 posts, read 944,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
You probably will come back to see if I replied, but I'll let you have the last word.
WOW! I thought you only harassed gays and lesbians, its nice to know in a sick way that you are an equal opportunity racist bigot. Your posts are outrageous. Do you not have anything better to do than be bitter, insulting, antagonistic, and offensive at every opportunity to do so? Maybe we would all be better off if you just lost yourself back in Cali. Your offerings to the most humble and polite inquiries posted on this forum are disgusting. You really should consider taking yourself out back and find a pond with shallow ice and go for a stroll.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Qwertyfarmer,
I concur with you regarding formercaligirl's attitude on this forum. She needs to get a life.

OP asked nothing bad.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyFarmer View Post
WOW! I thought you only harassed gays and lesbians, its nice to know in a sick way that you are an equal opportunity racist bigot. Your posts are outrageous. Do you not have anything better to do than be bitter, insulting, antagonistic, and offensive at every opportunity to do so? Maybe we would all be better off if you just lost yourself back in Cali. Your offerings to the most humble and polite inquiries posted on this forum are disgusting. You really should consider taking yourself out back and find a pond with shallow ice and go for a stroll.
LOL...she hates her home state too, but doesn't think others can hate theirs!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Oh my goodness. No matter what any of you think, I've NEVER posted anything as vile as this. True, I feel that some of your seemingly innocous posts are really very racist and biggotted, and as one of too many Americans who feel sucker-punched by political correctness and reverse racism, I probably was a bit too direct in my posts. But I NEVER imagined anybody would tell me they wish I would go drown myself.

QwertyFarmer, you win. You've succeeded in chasing me out of here.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Oh my goodness. No matter what any of you think, I've NEVER posted anything as vile as this. True, I feel that some of your seemingly innocous posts are really very racist and biggotted, and as one of too many Americans who feel sucker-punched by political correctness and reverse racism, I probably was a bit too direct in my posts. But I NEVER imagined anybody would tell me they wish I would go drown myself.

QwertyFarmer, you win. You've succeeded in chasing me out of here.
Seriously, you called the OP a racist just because they asked if there was any chinese that worked at Land's End.

To the OP, WI does have a growing Hmong population.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
If an Asian wants Asians around, or a gay wants gays around, or a white wants whites around I would understand. It makes sense. (Me personally I like a little diversity.)

It bothers me when only a white person would get ridiculed for this request & every one of you knows that they would & this is not true equality.

There was a thread on the Milwaukee forum a bit ago by a guy who wanted to live in a white neighborhood & he received about 100 posts flaming him, calling him a racist.

Also imagine a white person going on the Memphis board & asking about the diversity at a business & stating she would love to have other white people around as this person did. Again I could care less, but let's keep it equal.

Last edited by everwinter; 01-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: wording

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM

84 posts, read 313,723 times
WOW - sorry oprwdm - for the less than friendly banter on this post. Who would want to move here if you thought all Wisconsonites were like this..... Well we're not....at least my friends and co-workers aren't..

Anyway, back to your orginal question....my brother worked for Lands End via a consulting gig for 10 years. He loved the people and the atmosphere at Lands End. Not sure how it breaks down ethnically, but my brother lived in Madison and worked there - not a horrible commute and Madison is certainly a melting pot of people.....so in case you change your mind it might be worth a visit afterall.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
To the OP, WI does have a growing Hmong population.
But not so much in the southern part of the state.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprwdm View Post
I am considering an employment at Land's end in dodgeville, wi.

I know the company is big, I was just wondering about how diversity the company is. I am a chinese and would love to see some chinese working there.

So if you know about the company or if you are working or worked there before, can you give me some idea of how big the asian work force there?

thanks,
If you have any specific questions concerning Lands End in Dodgeville - let me know here or PM me and I'll forward the queary to a former employee there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin