Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:35 AM

16 posts, read 64,560 times

Advertisements

I am considering an employment at Land's end in dodgeville, wi.

I know the company is big, I was just wondering about how diversity the company is. I am a chinese and would love to see some chinese working there.

So if you know about the company or if you are working or worked there before, can you give me some idea of how big the asian work force there?

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprwdm View Post
I am considering an employment at Land's end in dodgeville, wi.

I know the company is big, I was just wondering about how diversity the company is. I am a chinese and would love to see some chinese working there.

So if you know about the company or if you are working or worked there before, can you give me some idea of how big the asian work force there?

thanks,
Oh puleez....

You live in the U.S. now, which means you are living in a country that welcomes and embraces all enthicities and races. This is called being an "American". So why not act like one?

Who CARES what the percentage of Asians working for Land's End is. That shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not you work there. But if it does, then maybe you should ask yourself why.

If you prefer to work with Asians, then perhaps you should go back to Asia.

Anyway, how would you like it if a Caucasian person posted on this forum that they were going to work for a company but was concered about how many whites that company employed? I bet you wouldn't like it at all.

Be careful. Posts like yours sound biggoted and discriminatory.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 PM

hmm...
formercaliforniagirl, you made a lot of assumptions about me based on my short post. Those assumptions are all wrong. [/font]

the fact that I like to see asian people working in that company does not mean that I do not want to work with non-Asian. Actually I have a lot of non-Asian colleagues and I enjoyed working with them. I prefer to work with nice, decent and professional people, be it Asians or non-asians.[/font]

I CARE about whether there are asians working in that company, and this is none of your business. [/font]

Whether or not I prefer to work with Asians is also none of your business.[/font]

Whether or not I should go back to Asia is also also NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. I like to stay with opportunities where I can sell myself better than other people do, be it this country or Asia[/font]

I personally think you are making a big fuss over my post and made some incorrect assumptions about me. this is really arrogant and intrusive. [/font]

In fact, my post is NOT biggoted and discriminatory, Your post are truly biggoted and discriminatory. I do not want to make the assumption that you have not finished your high school degree, but I feel you had better have more logic and common sense. [/font]

Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Not a lot of Chinese in Wisconsin, so if you want to be around other Chinese, look elsewhere. Like, say, the west coast.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,527,939 times
One of my co-worker friends wife worked at Lands End. They ended up quitting and moving back to the city. No idea why.

I doubt you'll see any extensive asian population in Dodgeville. It's likely as white as the Snow. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to see.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
hmm...
formercaliforniagirl, you made a lot of assumptions about me based on my short post. Those assumptions are all wrong. [/font]

the fact that I like to see asian people working in that company does not mean that I do not want to work with non-Asian. Actually I have a lot of non-Asian colleagues and I enjoyed working with them. I prefer to work with nice, decent and professional people, be it Asians or non-asians.[/font]

I CARE about whether there are asians working in that company, and this is none of your business. [/font]

Whether or not I prefer to work with Asians is also none of your business.[/font]

Whether or not I should go back to Asia is also also NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. I like to stay with opportunities where I can sell myself better than other people do, be it this country or Asia[/font]

I personally think you are making a big fuss over my post and made some incorrect assumptions about me. this is really arrogant and intrusive. [/font]

In fact, my post is NOT biggoted and discriminatory, Your post are truly biggoted and discriminatory. I do not want to make the assumption that you have not finished your high school degree, but I feel you had better have more logic and common sense. [/font]
These "assumptions" were made based on the questions you posed in your post. Did you, or did you not, ask if any of us know if Land's End employees Asians?

Again, I ask you. Why does this matter? And if you answer (yet again) that it is none of my business, then you have absolutely no justification for posting your inquiry here. You cannot ask people a question, and then when they want to know a little background as to why you're asking, reply: "That is none of your business."

It's people like you who keep racism alive and kicking in the U.S. While it is definitely imperative that we Americans provide opportunities for diversity and multi-culturalism for all people in all arenas, we are also taught that it is politically incorrect (and even racist) to determine whether you will work for a certain company based on whether you approve of the race and/or ethnicity of its employees.

No matter how much you bash me, or how many excuses you make, you did just that. You asked the posters here if we know how many Asians work for Land's End. And again, that simply should not matter.

Oh, and as far as my education goes. That is none of YOUR business.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 01-08-2009 at 03:04 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 PM

formercaliforniagirl, I read your first post, I laughed for the whole afternoon. Then I read your second post, then I feel insulted, and I really tired of discussing with you.

If you want to know why I posted that thread, just ask in a polite way, then I will tell you truthfully. You do not have to dumped all those assumptions on me. OK, I have never said or indicated that I do not like to work with non-asians, all those are the trash you dumped on me.

Why I'd love see some asians in that company? the reason is simple, I can make some asian friends, so that I can have firends from different backgrouds. I also have quite some non-asian friends.

Now, you label me as racism. This is a strong word. Ok, here are some of my comments. One thing I like this country is that there are opportunities for people who are able to make the change. People are more tolerant of difference. One thing I do not like is that there are SOME people in this country who are hardcore racists but in order to make them appear to be a non-racists, they attacked other people and labeled other people as racist. This is like a thief cleans himself by pointing at innocent people and calling them thives.

This is sth called hyporicity, Arrogance and over the years, I have been used to seeing this.

If WI only has people like you, I would rather stay where I am now or go somewhere else.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM

90 posts, read 328,299 times
I think we all want some people like us wherever we work. I found it comforting to have a Polish-American presence in some of the places I have lived, although few of my friends are of my ancestry. One can share some common foods, traditions and music (Polka!) with those with a common background.

Some parts of Wisconsin are not as inviting as it could be if you are not of that ancestry, religion, etc. I know of one person who was from Taiwan, lived lots of places, and found Oshkosh, WI to be the only unwelcoming place.

Outside of Milwaukee and Madison, there isn't much diversity in Wisconsin.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
formercaliforniagirl, I read your first post, I laughed for the whole afternoon. Then I read your second post, then I feel insulted, and I really tired of discussing with you.

If you want to know why I posted that thread, just ask in a polite way, then I will tell you truthfully. You do not have to dumped all those assumptions on me. OK, I have never said or indicated that I do not like to work with non-asians, all those are the trash you dumped on me.

Why I'd love see some asians in that company? the reason is simple, I can make some asian friends, so that I can have firends from different backgrouds. I also have quite some non-asian friends.

Now, you label me as racism. This is a strong word. Ok, here are some of my comments. One thing I like this country is that there are opportunities for people who are able to make the change. People are more tolerant of difference. One thing I do not like is that there are SOME people in this country who are hardcore racists but in order to make them appear to be a non-racists, they attacked other people and labeled other people as racist. This is like a thief cleans himself by pointing at innocent people and calling them thives.

This is sth called hyporicity, Arrogance and over the years, I have been used to seeing this.

If WI only has people like you, I would rather stay where I am now or go somewhere else.

Maybe I should cut you some slack. It's clear you're confused. I realize you don't THINK you're exhibiting racist tendencies by expressing a preference for working for a company that employees your desired amount of Asians. But the fact is, you have a racist attitude.

Americans have come a long way in shedding our old, White supremacist and isolationist attitudes. We're not quite where we should be, but we're getting closer.

What holds us back are people like you. You come to America, the land of opportunity and diversity, and then you demand that you associate with people from your home country and your culture.

Sadly, your attitude is not only accepted, it is also applauded. But make no mistake about it, if your attitude was expressed by Caucasian-Americans, we would find ourselves subject to lawsuits.

And lastly (because I am tiring of this debate as well), you might want to brush up on your English writing skills. Your grammar, spelling and punctuation are atrocious.

Quote:
My dear, it's people like me that people like YOU need. Sadly, you just can't see that.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM

Seriously I think I need to respond your post. First, thanks for the criticism on my English. That is the only point I think I should take from you. In order to survive among the English speakers, I got to have better command of English.

Let's go to your first paragraph in your post, you really read too much into my question and over-react to my original post. My original post is not a question directed to the HR department, but to ordinary people.

Secondly, by accusing me of your so-called racist tendencies, you are trying to make me shut up and never speak out this concern. Since you as a white cannot mention about white workers in the workplace, then I as an Asian should also not mention about Asian workers in the workplace. Whoever mentioned it will be labelled as having racist tendencies.

This so-called fair game is the MOST sinister and hypocritical racist view I have seen in the 21st century. It is so hidden and so seemingly fair that people take it for granted.

I agree that Americans have made a great progress in the past 2 centuries.
Now white supermacist cannot utter their racist view in public without being condemned. However, be aware of a different form of racism. It is more hidden and hypocritical. That is nobody should touch upon this topic and whoever touches will be labelled as racist. Since the white cannot talk about white in public, then other races should also not talk about their races. This way everybody is politically correct.

Ok, who do you think will benefit from this form of racism, of course it is the dominate racial group. This political corretness is a double-edged sword, it limits what the dominate group can say in public, on ther other hand it kills any voice from a minority group and as a consequency this kills the diversity.

I hope I explain myself well. id I did a good job, then you should reflect on yourself. You should feel ashamed because you were originally from California (guessing from your user name).

By the way, I finally decide not to go to WI, but somewhere in the east coast. Of course this is not because of your post. This should be my last visit to this WI forum, so any favor back from you will not be returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin