U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2007, 02:31 PM

352 posts, read 786,616 times
Default kenosha white caps neighborhood

anyone ever hear of this area? whats it like there, specifically for someone in their late teens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 06:33 PM

5 posts, read 14,431 times
Default White Caps in Kenosha, WI

Can't beleive no one has answered you. White Caps is a sub-division on the West side of the city of Kenosha,WI. It's near everything except Lake Michigan. Five minutes to most restaurants, cinemas, freeways, and on Hwy50 that leads to a half-dozen recreational lakes due West in, and out, of Kenosha County. Kenosha doesn't have a lot of night life for teens OR adults,
but with Milwaukee 45 minutes away, and Chicago 60 minutes away, there is always something going on, unless you sit in your house all night and don't actively look for some action.. Saddle clubs in the summer, snow-mobile clubs in the Winter, and three colleges. Don't forget our lakefront and marina areas,, great for jogging,cycling, and some really great fishing.. Lake Michigan fishing is usually better from a boat, but shore and pier fishing can yield some real monsters(15 - 20 pounders). Six Flags/Great America theme park is a mere 30 minutes South, and hires a lot of teens from the Kenosha area.. Work there in the summer, have a ball, and then go to one of the local colleges the rest of the time..Good luck.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:39 PM

46 posts, read 149,151 times
Default White caps

We checked out a couple of homes in the white caps subdivision when we first moved to the area. I have to say the houses were sub-standard in building construction. We stayed cleared of those homes. Because of the poor construction they are NOT worth the money.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,139 times
Default White Caps subdivision

White Caps is a great neighborhood for families. Lots of diversity and great people. For younger people, it's close to I-94 so you can get to Milwaukee and Illinois. If you are high school age, there are tons of people who fit that category in White Caps. We have a 17-year-old and he never lacks for company.

We have had no problems with the quality of our house. No basement flooding during even the heaviest rain that goes on for days. In the early days of building, there were problems but the builder figured that out pretty quickly. It's really a very good neighborhood in a not-so-great town.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 PM

3,256 posts, read 3,197,295 times
I am taking a job at Great Lakes and am thinking of settling in Kenosha. My husband is from Dublin and not happy with the weather situation, so what can I tell him about the Kenosha that will make him look forward to coming there? Help. BTW can you live in an apartment in the "downtown" area? Is there a downtown?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 AM

6 posts, read 20,731 times
Does you husband like to drink? Kenosha is know for the large amounts of bars and pubs plastering the city. There is a downtown, and lots of beautiful new housing right around there. Kenosha is trying to clean up it's downtown area. Building new museums and such.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 PM

3,256 posts, read 3,197,295 times
thanks for the reply, i tend to be a cement person and my hubby a garden type, so a city home where he can taxi or walk to the lake to fish is where i am heading. Also I would love to be able to take the train to work, as I hate driving in the ice at night.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 410 times
Does anyone have a phone number for the White Caps Home Owner's Association?
Please call me at 262 798 1180
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin