Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,047 times

Advertisements

my grandma smokes and now its killing her.... i want to ban smoking for good.... if u can help me out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,047 times
wow everything is messed up and our react group r puttin out posters to stop litter cause we collected 6 sandwich bags full of butts it was gross and that was in one hour in my small town

Old 05-11-2009, 04:42 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,149 times
Smokers are just clueless about their habit. They don't realize that they wreak like ashtrays and for whatever reason, they don't think throwing butts on the ground is littering. Is there anything like a pristine beach with thousands of cigarette butts in the sand? Smokers are in hog heaven, as if they are actually in a giant ashtray. Thankfully they are being bannished outdoors and taxed to the hilt for their littering and cancer hospitalization bills.

Time for them to develop some self control and quit the filthy habit-especially since they want to.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
I hate people who litter with any kind of trash and if I see someone littering homeless or rich guy I yell at them in public!!! I'll call them lazy or moron's I bet they will think twice if people start yelling at people who litter in public. I would make littering a 2,000.00 fine!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,189 times
You really got this thing against smokers, maybe California is where you should be. You won't find as much to complain about and your poor sore back will get better.
You remind me of my dad as I grew he was able to spot weeds before he even got to the back yard. I guess if one starts to fixate on something before they get there then that is all their every going to see.
Have you gone into Walgreen's, parking garage and the movie house and letting them know that their grounds are unsightly to you. Quit expecting the government to take care of every problem make the owners of the properties responsible/pay for the clean up not the public in general is this why California is a state in turmoil, and it's going downhill fast?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:14 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
You have to have a little compassion. After all, they are Addicts. An addict does NOT think about their addiction, they just act on it. The last thing on their minds is how to dispose of the leftover results of their addiction. For example needles found in parks where addicts hang out, they use and chuck it not thinking of consequences. Smokers are no different. They pay no attention to where they blow the toxic smoke, nor where they dispose of the unsightly and nasty butts. So give them a break, in reality most have NO idea what they are doing. If we legislate the illegal nature of disposal of the butts, we'll have to expand our jail system 3 fold. It is sad indeed as it goes much further than just cigarette butts. I see plastic and paper bags flying around and all manners of crap. Including used diapers. People are basically pigs, with some rare exceptions. Some State's have even banned the plastic bags due to the overwhelming of their land fills with them, and they don't break down. We are burying ourselves in our own waste. Hard to point the finger when very few are innocent.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 AM

620 posts, read 1,838,547 times
This isn't about cigarettes....but, after the 4th of July parade here you cannot believe all the trash the spectators left behind on Saturday. Candy, pamphlets and water were handed out and it's amazing how many people just left it all sit; even McDonald's bags! I just don't get it. Well, anyway, my two cents worth as I hate litter. Have a great week!!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,260 times
I just spent the last 2 days trying to repair/repaint my $1200 steel garage door, at best I'm told that I can now hope for a year or two before the paint peels. There is no way to get spray paint off without damaging the factory finish. Because we were forced to repaint we know have lost the warranty on this new door as well. I think if the fines were large enough people wouldn't be so lax in allowing their little darlings free range rights at all hours of the nite. I'm now sleeping in my car in the driveway hoping to catch the little cretins if they come back. I will also bet any $ amount that more than one person sailed by and saw the grafitti going on. If you think this doesn't concern you because it wasn't your house, well how about this, if they come back again, I won't bother to repaint the door, to heck with your property values.. If you want obscenities on the corner of Pilgrim and Donges Bay just let me know. If you still don't think the government should be involved thats fine, but what do you suggest vigilante justice? By the way another nice resident or perhaps the guilty party drove by while I was trying to remove the paint and offered to rape me. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell which brave man was yelling at me as there were too many cars at the corner and the weak link refused to stand and say that to me face to face. Unfortunately we need the government to step in and create order where our current laws forbade us from taking steps ourselves to address the crimes whether it be tagging or littering.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
Geez how sad that is. I thought that was a pretty good neighborhood you're describing there in that area. I am very surprised they are raising such destructive brats in that area. I would have expected better. Guess it's all about the parents. Oh well.........so much for generalizing I guess.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Maybe they're smokers??

Really, I have no idea why I'm being bashed by some people here.

I'm not going back to California. It's a state in turmoil, and it's going downhill fast. I like Wisconsin (well, the winters are beating me up...but that's another story).

But it really wouldn't matter where I'm from, or where I live...litter is litter. And litter is bad for any city/state. I was just bouncing some ideas off of people here about how to reduce cigarette butt litter in Wisconsin. Maybe that was a bad idea?
You are correct in thinking that ciggy butts are gross. And another thing, they NEVER go away. I have worked road construction for 20 years, and they really do not ever go away.

I wish all smokers took more care and carried a pocket butt-out with them.

I started knocking off the tip and putting them in my pocket until I could dispose of them properly way back in 1997. And yes, I am a smoker, but do hate cig butt litter.

So if ya smoke, just knock the head off, step on it, and wriggle the excess tobacco out away from the filter, and stick the filter in your pocket and throw it away in a garbage, where ever you may be!

No fines, no laws, just compassion for the earth is all that is needed.
We don't need no CALI LAWS here! Good grief, to hell in a hand basket quick with that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin