U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM

1,357 posts, read 3,571,343 times

Advertisements

Thats interesting since College and Wisconsin run completely parallel to each other
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 PM

13 posts, read 58,057 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
Thats interesting since College and Wisconsin run completely parallel to each other
ur smart

Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 AM

61 posts, read 119,504 times
Arby's in Appleton WI:
arby's appleton wi - Google Maps

...Weird, I don't see any downtown...

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM

2,133 posts, read 3,783,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHGB View Post
The corner of College Ave and Wisconsin Avenue.
Not possible. They run parallel to each other.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:30 PM

9 posts, read 28,248 times
I would have to pick Green Bay too, the downtown area there is really growing and there are a lot of jobs in the insurance area there. It is a really nice city with really nice people.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 PM

767 posts, read 1,306,318 times
I would pick Madison hands down!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:28 AM

17 posts, read 25,069 times
I lived in De Pere through middle and high school, and then a few different areas in Green Bay through college, so the Green Bay area is where I had been most familiar with. We now live in Wrightstown, pretty much exactly between Green Bay and Appleton.
I can tell you, even living in Green Bay, I would usually go to Appleton to go to the Fox River Mall, rather than the Green Bay mall. Also, being that we are closer to Appleton now, I tend to go to Appleton much more. I think it is MUCH more upscale than Green Bay, especially the down town area. Downtown Green Bay is really not nice at all. Someone said you will find people in Green Bay at a nice restaurant in jeans and a Packer t-shirt, but not in Appleton - true.
Where we live, in Wrightstown is really nice because we get the best of both worlds - access to both job markets, shopping etc. Granted, we have a commute either way. A lot of people do commute from Green Bay to Appleton, or Appleton to Green Bay, so that really doesn't matter too much.
I don't know if there are jobs right now, but there are insurance options in GB and Appleton, there are big companies in both.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:34 AM

17 posts, read 25,069 times
Greenville is very very nice!! If I was to move somewhere around here now, I'd move to Greenville. Also, if you choose Green Bay area, don't live in Green Bay. Any of the suburbs are nice - Ashwaubenon, Allouez (has a lot of very nice, older neighborhoods), DePere (mix of new & older nice neighborhoods), Bellevue (pretty much all new)

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 AM

10 posts, read 34,341 times
Hi everyone!

thanks for all the responses...greatly appreciate it! We finally got word about a week ago that my husband is going to get transferred to the Green Bay airport (Appleton & Madison are not currently accepting transfers right now)...so we will be moving to the Green Bay area around August 30th. A few weeks ago I was in Green Bay to check out the neighborhoods again; I agree that Ashwaubenon, Allouez , DePere ,Bellevue areas seem to be really nice. We liked Greenville & Wrightstown too...so when we head back to Green Bay in a few weeks to find a place to live we'll have to check those areas out more.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:38 PM

16 posts, read 48,843 times
Default Welcome to Green Bay MSA - Population 303,000

Brooke29 -
Glad to hear you are moving to the Green Bay area. You will see below just a few of the area attractions and things to do in GB Metro. Only Milwaukee and Madison has more bigger city amenities in WI and even those cities can't offer some things that GB offers.

I would recommend living in De Pere, Ledgeview, Town of Lawrence, or Bellevue. Howard/Suamico (Home of Bayport - 2009 D1 State champions baseball team) is also nice but a little too redneckish for me. Generally yes the further south and closer to Appleton the better in my opinion.

Get ready for the big Hwy 41 project. It will be the largest freeway north of Chicago when completed (as much as 12 lanes wide). Also 28 roundabouts and 0 traffic lights at the exits/interchanges here in the near future (2011-2016).

YouTube - US 41 Brown Co Wisconsin Flyover

Downtown Green Bay Developments
Green Bay Development News - SkyscraperCity

City Deck
The CityDeck - Discover the Excitement!

future Green Bay's Childrens Museum

The Children's Museum of Green Bay

Neville Museum
Neville Public Museum

Green Bay Blizzard (Arena football)

Green Bay Blizzard AFL2 American Conference

Green Bay Bullfrogs (Northwoods Baseball League)

greenbaybullfrogs.com: Home

Green Bay Gamblers (hockey - USHL)

Home

Arena district

PMI Entertainment Group

Bay Beach Amusement Park

Bay Beach Amusement Park

Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary

Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary

NEW Zoo

NEW Zoo - Green Bay, WI

National Railroad Museum

National Railroad Museum :: Welcome

Weidner Center

Weidner Center for the Performing Arts - Green Bay, Wisconsin PAC

I agree with the other posters about Green Bay. It is a different city here. It is more blue color then Appleton that is for sure, but it is much more diverse and at a more moderate pace is changing it's diversity. In my opinion people around here tend to be cliquier then Appleton. I think people in GB have a lot of family and they stay within their groups and can be standoffish. There are plenty of people living here who are also transplants. Let me know if I can help you with anything or I can also give you recommendations on nice places to eat as well.

Last edited by titletown; 06-21-2009 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin