Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:22 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,156,751 times

Advertisements

Nah, at least in the boondocks you aren't driving bumper-to-bumper.

Agreed on turn signals - how hard is it to use them?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 03:29 PM

108 posts, read 149,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
Nah, at least in the boondocks you aren't driving bumper-to-bumper.

Agreed on turn signals - how hard is it to use them?!?
You are bumper-to-bumper when farmer Joe pulls out into traffic with his International Harvester.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:36 PM

3,450 posts, read 4,498,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad93ex View Post
You are bumper-to-bumper when farmer Joe pulls out into traffic with his International Harvester.
The rush hour traffic on 41 between Oshkosh and Green Bay is very dense. I would say it's clear you are unfamiliar with it.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:38 PM

108 posts, read 149,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
The rush hour traffic on 41 between Oshkosh and Green Bay is very dense. I would say it's clear you are unfamiliar with it.
I have had to drive through it a couple of times when I worked in Green Bay but my current commute is 10 minutes on 41 across Appleton.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,751 times
East = worst drivers
West= best drivers

This applies to the state as well as the nation.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:03 AM

3,450 posts, read 4,498,439 times
Disagree, since the best drivers by far are in SE Wisconsin. I mean, there aren't even cities/people in the western part of the state, so that's an odd thing to say! I've lived in every area code in Wisconsin and generally have travelled good distances for work, and this is what I've found.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Disagree, since the best drivers by far are in SE Wisconsin. I mean, there aren't even cities/people in the western part of the state, so that's an odd thing to say! I've lived in every area code in Wisconsin and generally have travelled good distances for work, and this is what I've found.
That's the point..
City drivers are too aggressive, hyper, fast paced, distracted.... IMHO

Old 07-05-2014, 10:44 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,378,831 times
I haven't had time to read all the posts, so I apologize in advance if something I say is repetitive or has be argued to death.

Where in the world is the original poster living? Wisconsin has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen. I was born and raise here, btw. It's like everyone went to the Mr. MaGoo school of driving. They don't use turn signals, will cross 6 lanes of traffic forcing everyone they cut off to hit the breaks, don't pay attention to when a light turns green, most spend half their time in the car posting on Facebook or texting or some other nonsense, they will be going 10 mph under the speed limit, but when you go to pass them you have to get up to 80 to get by them, they will pass you and then drop their speed below what you were going when they passed you - it's crazy out there. I've traveled across the country and am always so pleasantly surprised by how sane people drive elsewhere.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:34 PM

128 posts, read 266,492 times
I know I'm late to the party with this reply, but I can't figure Wisconsin drivers out. Their interstates are 65, which is too low in my opinion. But you either have drivers going 65, or drivers going 80. I rarely see drivers going 70-75. It seems to be acceptable though to go as fast as 80, even though the speed limit is 15 mph lower. But I will say Wisconsin has a far better intersection system (in terms of easy to read lights and left/right turns) than anything in central Michigan. Also, the weird highway letter-naming system is somewhat charming and takes away ridiculously silly country road names that prevail in Central Michigan.

Another thing I like about Northern Wisconsin (which they seem to do in Northern Minnesota and the UP as well) is that each house has a county-provided address sign. Each is of equal height, color, and has the name of the municipality and the number of the house. The USPS must love this.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM

4,659 posts, read 3,824,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1967 View Post
Where in the world is the original poster living? Wisconsin has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen.
I posted an article or study that had Wisconsin as the best drivers. I don't agree with it.

Milwaukee drivers actually scare me. On the 4th in the middle of the afternoon I saw someone driving the wrong way down Capital drive & it's not the first time I've seen that. As already mentioned, drivers are terrible for running red stop lights well after the lights turned red. I always double check before entering any intersection after the lights turned green. And what's with drivers here who don't use their blinker even in heavy traffic areas? Crosswalks: I often have to do a double check when crossing the street using a cross walk because that seems like fair game at times for drivers.

Madison drivers are very impatient & are terrible for tailgating and rarely coming full stops. I think a good portion of the drivers in Madison are farmers or people from small towns who head to Madison for shopping. This was me when in high school. They get to a city & don't know what to do. This was also me when I was younger. lol

I'd say the Milwaukee suburbs have the best drivers in the state. They can handle urban driving, yet actually follow some of the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin