U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:07 PM

534 posts, read 1,331,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Good for you! I miss "home" too. Just don't read this forum too much, a lot of people will try to rain on your parade.
We are born and raised Wisconsinites. Lived there our whole lives up to 5 years ago. No one will rain on our parade. I laugh at the complainers. I give them a week where we are now and they will think twice about how "awful" Wisconsin is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,778,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
We are born and raised Wisconsinites. Lived there our whole lives up to 5 years ago. No one will rain on our parade. I laugh at the complainers. I give them a week where we are now and they will think twice about how "awful" Wisconsin is...
Indeed.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 AM

746 posts, read 1,827,743 times
Congratulations on finally coming home! Lucky you for selling your house so fast. You'll get here just in time for all the beautiful fall colors. There is a watchtower up by the NEW Zoo in Suamico you can get a good view from. We just moved out of that area, we lived in Seymour. So let me know if you have any questions about the area that I might be able to help you with.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Hey geekduo! Where did you move when you left Seymour? We left Black Creek in 2006/2007.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 PM

746 posts, read 1,827,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Hey geekduo! Where did you move when you left Seymour? We left Black Creek in 2006/2007.
Hi Tunky
We moved down to Platteville just this summer.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 PM

Ahhhhhhhh...we're a bit further south in Nashville

Old 08-28-2009, 07:26 AM

4,229 posts, read 14,436,734 times
Glad to see your moving back! Hopefully you can come to a meet and greet if we host one this year for city data.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,898 times
Holy smokes, homes are selling fast in IA! Good for you guys! Good luck with the move and I'm happy you'll be back in your home state. I've lived in CA, and FL, but there is no place like home - WI!!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM

570 posts, read 1,413,057 times
Glad you made it back.
I can't wait to do so myself. Just returned to AZ from a month long visit to our country home in Clark County. As usual, it was depressing returning to Phoenix.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM

534 posts, read 1,331,258 times
Update...

The dream of moving home ended last week. It was a week from hell, honestly. The Friday after we sold the house, was the inspection. Well that Wednesday and Thursday we got 9 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. We had a little bit of water come in through the window well into the basement(which is completely finsished). It was rain water, not sewage. It wasn't standing water either. Just a little squishy on the carpet.

The inspector told us we needed to pull the carpet, check the padding and have it dried. He and the lady that bought it said we could do this ourselves. We said we would do it professionally. Couldn't get anyone out because hundreds of homes were far worse off with sewage flooding in their basements. Some, several feet of it. So we did it ourselves. We had our dehumidifier and our neighbors and fans running that whole weekend plus another 2 days. The padding was barely wet and so was the floor. Everything was completely dry, no signs of mold and no smells.

Well the lady didn't like that we did it ourselves even after telling me we could and that if it were her house she would too. Then her realtor freaked out and wanted us to hire people to check the wall for water and mold and fix it immediately. We said no way and our realtor agreed. They went on about this for a week. It was very stressful. So she finally backed out of the deal.

My husband had a job(the main hub is in the Appleton area, so he was just going to transfer), but found out the pay was awful and a slap in the face. So as much as we hate living in Iowa, we decided to stay. We have an awesome house and my husband has a great paying job and the company loves the work he does in his position. We think they lowballed the pay to keep him here. He is one Operations Manager they don't have to babysit. He gets the stuff done. So that is where we are. We feel it wasn't the right time I guess and we will know when the time is right. Hopefully someday in the future we will be back living in Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin