Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM

335 posts, read 1,206,332 times

Advertisements

and if your a man without a beard...well...your no man at all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM

17 posts, read 59,139 times
Move to Appleton.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 AM

31 posts, read 110,907 times
after reading all of these posts here, I had to comment. Sometimes I don't think people know how good they have it..
I live in NJ. Northeast NJ, which is just one big urban sprawl from NYC. You've heard traffic is bad in Southern California , well, at least they have the roads for it. we have as many people,if not more ,living in this area with smaller roads. NJ is the most populated state, per square mile, in the entire country.
Everyone has an attitude here..We have Newark, formerly known as the Murder capital of the US, also formerly known as the AIDS capital of the US.
You want to talk about McMansions, we have the highest property taxes in the Country. in Wayne, NJ, property taxes on a $900,000 McMansion are $20,000 per year..I know, my friend just bought a $900,000 home there..he added a mother/daughter setup in the basement for his inlaws to live in..the drop ceiling he installed, makes the taxes even higher, to the tune of $28,000 per year, total..I pay $4,000 year for taxes on a 1000 sq foot condo outside of Morristown..Our state gov't has been plagued by corruption and we're nearly broke as a state. WE can't even pump our own gas at the gas stations.
We can't drive on any state highway going from north to south, from NY to Delaware, without paying a toll..The Garden State Parkway is a 5-lane highway, in both directions, in many areas, and in summer months, its a bumper-to-bumper parking lot filled with people going to and coming from, the Jersey Shore.
the NJ Turnpike is the dirtiest highway to drive on, that you'll ever see..the smell of the oil refineries will make you sick, as will the stench of the landfills that you drive past , all in the shadow of the Big Apple. And now, they're putting up a new super entertainment park called Xanadu, at the Meadowlands..can't wait to see what the traffic will look like when its finished!
most of the lakes in the state, are overcrowded with boats, so you can't even enjoy a day out on the lake.The rest of the state's lakes, are reservoirs, which are off limits to recreational use.
The Shore is filled with some nice areas, but you need to be a millionaire to live there. Some of the shore towns that have hotels and resorts, particularly in the Southern Shore region, attract all of the bad apples from Trenton and Philly..take a trip to Atlantic City, you'll see what I mean.
its like Newark with a beach..
everywhere you go , people give you an attitude, they give you the stink-eye ( that stare that says they hate your guys), they'll cut you off when you drive and yell at YOU as if you did something wrong.
One woman in this thread,complained about people NOT opening doors for her.haha..thats a daily thing around here..you can't drive without flipping someone the bird, you're always seeing people on their cell phones while driving, and while shopping, etc..I guess its everywhere. I go to delaware and I'm shokced,speechless when someone at the counter says 'have a great day'. I'm programmed to expect people to be nasty to everyone,all the time. When I go way south, to Myrtle Beach SC< its like a different planet.people are SOOO friendly, its sickening. If I ever moved there it would take me a month to adjust to the slower lifestyle,and , to the nice folks down there..I've found myself at the checkout counter at liquor stores in Myrtle Beach, wanting to say 'lets go already!', but then I realize everything is pleasantly slower down south..again,I'm programmed to the fast-paced stress filled life of NJ..
We have mild winters here, temps in the 30's, not much snow..which is frustrating because cold weather without snow is useless, the ski slopes weren't even covered last year, many had their worst winters , ever..we have no spring, it goes from cool May, to 90 degrees, and stays like that all thru the summer..we get plenty of sunny days, however..

but, if anyone thinks that where they live sucks, come live in Northern NJ for a month...you'll wish you were back home..

Old 12-27-2015, 07:50 PM

9 posts, read 37,045 times
Thumbs down Can't anyone quote people correctly???

I said I was surprised that kids opened the door for me. It was meant to give credit/demonstrate whatever phenomena going on there! I NEVER complained about it. In FACT I said I didn't expect it. You're not alone. Another person like you, did the same thing because apparently you two like to make up stuff, and find reasons to be jerks to others.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:48 PM

10 posts, read 20,491 times
Default Tucson

I myself left Wisconsin about 10 years ago and never looked back. Moved here to TUCSON AZ and love most everything about it. Cost of living (overall) some of the lowest in the nation. Low property taxes. Great weather although the summers are hot. Manageable traffic. Great medical facilities. Crime not bad as long as you avoid South Tucson and some parts of 'midtown'. Days drive to Las Vegas, Pacific Coast, Utah national parks. Lots of brain dead drivers out here, but you pretty much find that anywhere now. Sales tax is 8% so a bit higher than Wis. And the best thing about Tucson...they DO NOT have to drop salt on the roads here so your vehicle can last forever !

Old 12-28-2015, 06:22 AM

404 posts, read 478,323 times
That's the best Tucson has to offer, no salt? LOL

Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 PM

10 posts, read 20,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan57 View Post
That's the best Tucson has to offer, no salt? LOL
It is a BIG PLUS, having no salt on the roads ever. I remember back in Wis, you could stand next your vehicle and just about HEAR the salt eating up the vehicle. I hated that so much. Not to mention the damage that all that salt does to roads, bridges, waterways, and other infrastructure. Another nice thing about Tucson (and AZ in general)....alcohol is NOT involved in every possible function like it is in Wis. Btw,,,La Crosse is the nicest city in the state...Would not mind having a summer place there somewhere. SO beautiful along the Mississippi there in "Gods Country" !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin