Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 AM

746 posts, read 2,175,459 times

Advertisements

Ok, I need your help folks. After a long time of job hunting and some false calls, my husband finally landed a new job in downtown Dubuque, Iowa. We are in the house hunting phase of relocating and we're debating whether to live in Dubuque or Platteville. We need a three bedroom that allows a dog and is in a good school district. I'm making the trip down there to go see some places this week. Can you please help me make a list of pros and cons to living in each location? Consider things like schools, shopping, commute time, taxes, quality of life and anything else you can think of.
Also, we are renting, so the property taxes don't really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 17,968 times
I live in Dubuque and have family that live in Platteville.
Dubuque is a college town with 3 decent size colleges but so is Platteville. Platteville is much smaller so the college can over run the town sometimes. Its only about a 20 minute drive from platteville to dubuque. Its all highway from platteville to dubuque but do consider the comute during the winter and snow. In dubuque you can get from one end of town to another in about 15minutes or so.
Dubuque is a great town . its a nice size. there are alot of good schools (bryant, irving, kenedy, eisenhower, rosevelt, washington, senior, hempstead) It is constantly expanding.
Finding a place that allows pets can be hard BUT i generally look for one bedroom apartments not houses. I would recomed checking out thonline.com for places if you havent already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin