Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 PM

170 posts, read 581,622 times

Advertisements

My step-uncle owns Kettle Creek. I would say Kettle Creek!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,601 times
I have recently visited w/ Brookstone Homes & I would say this comment is far from wrong. Brookstone Homes is a completely different builder today than they were 11 yrs ago! I recommend that you visit them again to see how far they have come. Brookstone Homes is now one of the top builders in the state & they build beautiful homes. I know that my family is very excited to live in a Brookstone Home!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:40 AM

261 posts, read 943,825 times
DO NOT GO for Kickapoo Homes, not sure how far their range is. We contracted them for a custom home build promised to be trun key ready by Nov. 1, the house is still not finished. Also, DO NOT use Kouba Drilling for your well, also not sure how far their range is. What was supposed to be a 3-4 day process to complete our well that started in June has been 5-6 times having the drill rig return to our property, many times for weeks at a time. This last episode was after we moved in mid-Nov. and in the start of Dec. the pump stopped working again, this is the third pump installed since the creation of the well. It took them almost a month to complete this time and now they are lying about the work they did and have also not had the water tested so we cannot use it for drinking, cooking, or animals. VERY BAD experience. Kouba drilling we found out has claims from the DNR against them and are not showing literally or in good faith that they did our well correctly as of yet. Our suggestion also is do not do a full blown build from the ground up without being on-site regularly, or have someone who reports directly to you, not the building company's foreman, have a friend, neighbor, or anyone you choose keep an eye on things when you are not available. Alos, photograph everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, there are so many ways things can go wrong and proof is in the photo now not the pudding. Good luck, and enjoy Wisconsin.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llynz View Post
I have recently visited w/ Brookstone Homes & I would say this comment is far from wrong. Brookstone Homes is a completely different builder today than they were 11 yrs ago! I recommend that you visit them again to see how far they have come. Brookstone Homes is now one of the top builders in the state & they build beautiful homes. I know that my family is very excited to live in a Brookstone Home!
We recently looked at a 3 year old Brookstone home in Madison. It had some very nice features but had taken some use and abuse, as it is owned by a relo company. It really was a beautiful house, but it was more house than we need with a 10,000 sq foot lot to be mowed which we didn't want. It has since come down in price and would be a great deal for a family, that is if it checks out with a home inspection, as there was a noticable crack in the basement wall and the concrete there looked funny.

At any rate, it seems Brookstone doens't build much in Madison anymore as they did get a bad rap here 10 years ago. The homes they build in Lake Mills, and Columbus, depending on what upgrades are put in can be had in the low 200's and still have close to 2000 sq feet and up. They need to come up with some new looks for their exterior though as they are pretty generic.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 13,177 times
Thumbs up I bought with William ryan homes

I just bought a beautiful home with William Ryan homes in lakeland fl. I love my home. I had a great sales associate and a wonderful smart contractor. He was great he answered everyone of my questions. The home was priced right. It came with driveways and all that good stuff. The only thing i was a little disappointed in was the fact i only got 3 prewired ceiling fans but i quickly moved past that because I had the best customer service. They also provided me with 24hr emergency care if something ever happens. This IS GREAT QUALITY!!!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,343 times
I bought with William Ryan Homes and had a terrible experience. The customer service is horrible. They will blame any issues on the homeowner, even when they are clearly their fault. They write their warranties and contracts to favor themselves. Always have a lawyer read everything before you sign!

I do not recommend William Ryan Homes and would look elsewhere.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:19 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
You need to dig deeper. Any build, regardless of location, is only as good as the subcontractors they hire. Pulte homes had a great rep in Denver, we purchased a re-sale, thank god, still under warranty. Their subs did a horrible job with our HVAC, installing windows, and a few others. We had to threaten to call and complain to the state, before they would do anything. Now Pulte in another state, where the have different subs might be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin