Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times

Advertisements

I hate Milwaukee!!!! It is dirty and the people are rude. The job market is awful. Shopping here on the other hand is great. Lots of places to eat and spend your money. Don't move here if you want a good school for your kids. The public school system is so bad that I have to resort to online schooling for my child for the 2010 - 2011 school year. I am thinking to relocate to the southwest part of the US. Alberquerque, NM... Can someone fill me in on how the school system is out in Albq, NM and what shape the is the job market at now. Thanks for reading and responding. God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,096,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekittie1 View Post
I hate Milwaukee!!!! It is dirty and the people are rude. The job market is awful. Shopping here on the other hand is great. Lots of places to eat and spend your money. Don't move here if you want a good school for your kids. The public school system is so bad that I have to resort to online schooling for my child for the 2010 - 2011 school year. I am thinking to relocate to the southwest part of the US. Alberquerque, NM... Can someone fill me in on how the school system is out in Albq, NM and what shape the is the job market at now. Thanks for reading and responding. God Bless.
Need a ride to the airport?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatekittie1 View Post
I've had it with this Milwaukee bad school stuff. Almost all urban school districts have serious problems. Milwaukee is no different than Chicago, St.Louis, Boston, Minneapolis and so on. This is a national problem not a local problem Private schools in Milwaukee are great and the overwhelming of suburban schools are decent. Also, Wisconsin has open enrollment, which makes it easy for your child to enroll in a suburban school. Schools in Wisconsin and the Milwaukee area are far better than the southwest. Our test scores point this point. Wisconsin and much of the upper midwest and the New England states always rank in the top ten in the nation. The south and southwest always rank at or near the bottom. Nobody is moving to the sunbelt for public schools.

As far as Milwaukee being rude and dirty. I don't see it this way, but this is subjective.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:17 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
I don't get the rude and dirty part at all. School systems I'm not familiar with but as a city goes, Milwaukee isn't dirty compared to others I've seen.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 PM

16 posts, read 42,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedess26 View Post
Thats about it for Wisconsin, also the weather is really nice in the summer for 2 months or maybe 3 months but after that you gotta be able to handle the cold of the North and not like Illinois or Ohio but of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Dakotas.
Yea I have to disagree with that. Like someone else said, the weather is actually pretty nice into the beginning of November. Now its not summer weather but that is why it is called "4 Distinct Seasons".

I moved here from Florida for a change of scenery and had a great work opportunity right out of college. I live in Milwaukee and love it. Such a great city with lots to do. Definitely doesn't get enough credit and I love the fact that I have access to a world-class city like Chicago.

Florida is great if you want to retire...but that is about it.

KUDOS WISCONSIN!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
everything in life is relative. Wisconsin seems nice, until someone goes out to the Black hills or south Central Montana in the areas around yellowstone.... There are better and worse places to live.

The chinook winds give the hilly areas east of the rockies winter warmups that wisconsin can't compete with.. it will be -15 one day and up to 50 the next.

I'm sure there are tons of other great areas too, like the pacific northwest, though I like weather variety.. cloudy year around would be... irritating.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,538,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
everything in life is relative. Wisconsin seems nice, until someone goes out to the Black hills or south Central Montana in the areas around yellowstone.... There are better and worse places to live.

The chinook winds give the hilly areas east of the rockies winter warmups that wisconsin can't compete with.. it will be -15 one day and up to 50 the next.

I'm sure there are tons of other great areas too, like the pacific northwest, though I like weather variety.. cloudy year around would be... irritating.
I generally prefer consistent winter snowpack throughout the majority of the winter with sun and limited melting.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

45 posts, read 82,414 times
i love wisconsin and cant wait too come back. I liked Madison because theres alot too do there

Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I generally prefer consistent winter snowpack throughout the majority of the winter with sun and limited melting.
it has it's pluses, speaking from someone living in an area that has exactly that. It's pretty to be able to see 20+ miles and it's nothing but a sea of white.. but it's cold! I'd like to live somewhere there they got tons of snow, all the time, that melts, then they got more.. like southern michigan, west side, where they get the lake effect snow bands.

Warm enough to jog (30's to 40's) and tons of snow too. Getting a couple feet at a time then having it warm the next day.. I'd never get tired of that ever.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69 View Post
I will take WI winters over AZ summers.
Oh Im with you all the way. But then Im more of a winter person anyway, doesnt matter where the summers are. For me, 80 degrees is a heat wave!
Im home here in WI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin