Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:45 PM

160 posts, read 349,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
After living in numerous other places in the country, I found Wisconsinites to be the most intolerant people I've ever seen. so self-righteous, it's nauseating. It's like they've never experienced the world!
Very true, but people in madison and certain areas of milwaukee are pretty isolated in their friends, the places they frequent, and the sources of their information. It's like a living echo chamber with them--madison being the extreme example.

A lot of the rest of the state is also aware of how isolated and intolerant madison is because people in madison try to dictate to the rest of the state what they can and can't do, how they should live, what they should think, what they should eat, drive, etc.

So please don't judge all of wisconsin because of the intolerance and ignorance of madison and small areas of milwaukee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 PM

225 posts, read 755,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbug View Post
So please don't judge all of wisconsin because of the intolerance and ignorance of madison and small areas of milwaukee.
Madison and small areas of Milwaukee = intolerance and ignorance? Those terms certainly don't come to mind when most educated people hear of those two cities. You must have them confused with some of the smaller communities in the state. Just because most people in those two cities are not rabid right-wing conservatives, that doesn't make them intolerant or ignorant. Educated people are generally more open, tolerant, and accepting, not less so.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brssplr View Post
Madison and small areas of Milwaukee = intolerance and ignorance?
Certainly.

Definition: Ignorance: Lacking knowledge, education or awareness.

Quote:
Those terms certainly don't come to mind when most educated people hear of those two cities.
I guess it depends upon how one defines "educated".
Some of the most ignorant people I know/witness have had college degrees, often advanced ones. A great example of this is someone with a BA from the social sciences, say 'education', and be totally ignorant about even basic economics.

A lot of times, 'education' is just a single word for 'brainwashing' unless it's in the hard sciences (numbers).

Throw in how isolated most of the people in madison are from those 'unlike themselves' and ignorance abounds in their sphere.

Like I said, carry a "Palin" placard down state street in madison and get back to us.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:23 PM

225 posts, read 755,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbug View Post
Certainly.

Definition: Ignorance: Lacking knowledge, education or awareness.

I guess it depends upon how one defines "educated".
Some of the most ignorant people I know/witness have had college degrees, often advanced ones. A great example of this is someone with a BA from the social sciences, say 'education', and be totally ignorant about even basic economics.

A lot of times, 'education' is just a single word for 'brainwashing' unless it's in the hard sciences (numbers).

Throw in how isolated most of the people in madison are from those 'unlike themselves' and ignorance abounds in their sphere.

Like I said, carry a "Palin" placard down state street in madison and get back to us.
There is no question that people who are educated are much more open-minded. Indeed, open-mindedness is one definition of the term "liberal." Everyone knows this...except perhaps for someone who identifies him-or-herself as a tea party adherent.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
There is no question that people who are educated are much more open-minded. Indeed, open-mindedness is one definition of the term "liberal." Everyone knows this...
LMAO.
I hope that thought train was sarcasm, because it's hilarious. But on a related note, sarcasm only works when it contains a truism.
Funny stuff!

Comedy over, a good segue for the readers: People should be very leery when people use the term "everyone" when they state how tolerant/open minded they are. Gov. Palin is someone, thus part of "everyone", therefore she should agree how openminded and tolerant leftists are....

Are you "everyone"? I'm not. No one ever consulted me or anyone I know about those things that people talk about and refer to "everyone".

Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
What do you mean by progressive? Like a Eco-nut? Like that carbon tax thing that california passed? States that save you from yourself like new york passing stupid laws banning sugars and that kind of stuff. Is that the progressiveness you are asking about?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
Quote:
There is no question that people who are educated are much more open-minded. Indeed, open-mindedness is one definition of the term "liberal." Everyone knows this...except perhaps for someone who identifies him-or-herself as a tea party adherent.

So that means you know who really is responsible for the financial meltdown in 2008 then? Book smart and street smart are two different things buddy.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:17 AM

14 posts, read 65,677 times
First place I thought of when reading the original post was Spring Green. I lived there for almost 2 years. Small town, but very artsy. Lots of hippies. As far as hiking, Governor Dodge State Park is about 20 minutes away and Devil's Lake State Park is about 30-35 minutes away.

Green Lake is also very small, but it may fit what you are looking for too.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyNamedTracy View Post
First place I thought of when reading the original post was Spring Green. I lived there for almost 2 years. Small town, but very artsy. Lots of hippies.
Spring green is nice. It's an artsy community due to the and frank lloyd wright, theater located in that geography/topography. That's a tourist economy so to speak and is quite small, but able to be pulled off it relies on money from madison.

So spring green is a tourist stop for the west side of madison.
And madison's economy is so successful because it sucks up tax monies from all the rest of the state to be spent there, laundered in madison.

Finally, spring green is outside of madison's dane county, so those hippies voted with their feet and got outside of the leftists obscene tax policy.
That's smart for them as most people choose to live in better places and jump in their oil burning cars and commute back and forth to the city.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 810 times
Default Hallucinogenic drug addicts is the only explanation for Progressives.

I am here as probably the only member who actually has a grasp on any one plane of existence because Progressives certainly do not, proof of their severe psychosis as they also refer to themselves as members of the "Woke" crowd, ROFLMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin