U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:23 PM

41,214 posts, read 22,121,136 times
Default Recommendations for resorts in Door County

Narrowed it down to a few.

Homestead suites and the B&B Main Street Motel in Fish Creek.

Baybreeze and Edgewater resorts in Ephraim as well as the B&B, Lodgings at Pioneer Lane and Eagle Harbor Inn.

Egg harbor looks to have some nice accomodations, but do I want to be that far from "the action" in Fish Creek and Ephraim, which I understand are the best places for shopping, activities, etc.

If anyone has any opinions on the above, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM

10 posts, read 22,632 times
We have always stayed at the Hilltop Inn by Fish Creek and love it. I would imagine that it is hard to go wrong most anywhere in Fish Creek. It is an amazing little town with a little of everything.

The nearby places like Ephraim, Sister Bay and Egg Harbor all have a lot to offer.

Unread 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassnate6259 View Post
We have always stayed at the Hilltop Inn by Fish Creek and love it. I would imagine that it is hard to go wrong most anywhere in Fish Creek. It is an amazing little town with a little of everything.

The nearby places like Ephraim, Sister Bay and Egg Harbor all have a lot to offer.
Thanks for the recommendation. I am leaning toward Homestead suites in Fish Creek or Bay Breeze in Ephraim. I had a great talk with one of the B&B owners up there who gave me some good information about the differences between the towns.

Thanks again.

Unread 04-07-2010, 05:19 PM

10 posts, read 22,632 times
Great! Also keep in mind that most of the towns are a short, pretty drive between one another. I hope my family and I will make it up there later this summer!

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassnate6259 View Post
Great! Also keep in mind that most of the towns are a short, pretty drive between one another. I hope my family and I will make it up there later this summer!
She told me that most don't have sidewalks, like Ephraim. Beautiful, but one of the quieter areas. I guess Fish Creek has loads of shopping, restaurants and I like that the park is right there. Looking forward to it.

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:43 PM

1,929 posts, read 1,292,066 times
Spend a day at the state park..it's beautiful!

Unread 04-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Spend a day at the state park..it's beautiful!
Going to go biking through and maybe a picnic...and definitely a round of golf - both my girls play.

Really looking forward to this trip.

Thanks for the replies.

Unread 04-09-2010, 08:18 AM

267 posts, read 405,264 times
Not trying to sound like a smartass but you may want to post your question in the Chicago or Milwaukee forum. Growing up in Wisconsin very few people that I knew went to Door County to stay at a resort. If we did go there it was to camp at the state parks. In general Door County was viewed at the place that F.I.B's with to much money went for vacation.

Unread 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM

22 posts, read 26,666 times
Ah, WI residents here that go to Door County several times each year. We especially like to go there over Thanksgiving weekend as the crowds are gone, weather is pleasant and resorts are more affordable. Some times we have had a whole resort to ourselves! We like Newport Resort in Egg Harbor best! Egg Harbor Lodging - Newport Resort - Door County, WI

Unread 04-11-2010, 08:39 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I think we are going for the Fish Creek or Ephraim areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin