Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 AM

19 posts, read 137,215 times

Advertisements

Great Info quijote! My family is a mixed race family. Does anybody anticipate any issues we may have in Whitefish Bay. Does not seem very diverse to me but that does not always mean anything. I am sure my children will adapt to most any area but was curious on other opinions....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,851 times
Well, Whitefish Bay is often jokingly referred to as "Whitefolks Bay" for a reason.... I doubt you'll have any real problems there, though you'll certainly stand out. And it's only a rental, so if things don't click, you can go elsewhere in a year. By that time you'll have a better feel for where you may want to settle down.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 AM

103 posts, read 513,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
Well, Whitefish Bay is often jokingly referred to as "Whitefolks Bay" for a reason.... I doubt you'll have any real problems there, though you'll certainly stand out. And it's only a rental, so if things don't click, you can go elsewhere in a year. By that time you'll have a better feel for where you may want to settle down.
Ah yes... Whitefolks bay What everbody said to my wife and I after we almost bought a condo there.

It is certainly less diverse than than Milwaukee, but you shouldn't have many problems at all (if any). Whitefish Bay is such a good community overall. Good luck!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 PM

196 posts, read 969,738 times
Default Cudahy Wisconsin

Can someone tell me about the area?
Wisconsin is SO BIG, seems like each area is so different.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:09 PM

I really need to know more about Cudahy....can someone please share???

Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,567,845 times
Cudahy is a small suburb of Milwaukee. It's kinda of an older small town.

It has a large packinghouse, Patrick Cudahy Inc. The packing house used to be smelly when they slaughtered hogs, beef, etc, they quit slaughtering about twenty years ago. I would think the smell has improved by now.

A large manufactering plant, Ladish, noisy when the hammers are going (used to be 24/7), . It has a couple of small shopping centers, no malls.

It's located next to Lake Michigan so is you stay away to the lake side of town it has some nice homes. It doesn't have a slum or rundown area like some cities.

South Milwaukee is right next to it, farther south. That's another small older town, maybe a little nicer. SM has a large park on the lake, Grant Park, very nice.

If I had to live in that general area I would opt for Oak Creek. It's away from the lake, close to Cudahy, but more open, still growing. I can't give you much information about the schools. My wife went to South Milwaukee many years ago, she thinks it had good schools.

Milwaukee has a mass transit system, buses. They run all the way out to Cudahy, South Milwaukee and Oak Creek.

General Mitchel Field, an international airport, is right next to Cudahy and South Milwaukee, it gets noisy when they are landing and taking off.

Last edited by Hntr; 09-09-2008 at 07:09 AM..

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 PM

Thank you so much. You gave me some hope. I have been searching for a job and have three in Wisconsin as options: Cudahy, Dodgeville, (Iowa County) and Manitowac.
Web sites always make them all look so awesome.
Cudahy has been really beat up on this forum....

Old 09-11-2008, 05:52 AM

1,085 posts, read 3,567,845 times
We worked in Cudahy and lived in South Milwaukee for a few years when we first got married. It's not a bad town, the main street is Packard Ave, changes to Chicago Ave in South Milwaukee. Packard Ave is the business area, a block to the east of Packard there are nice moderate priced homes all the way to the lake, or Lake Drive, which is only 4 blocks away. I still have a lot of friends there that I visit regularly. They have lived there most of their lives, they're happy.

You're a few minutes away from the freeway, twenty minutes from Milwaukee. The buses run on Packard Ave, probably every half hour or less, so you can take a bus anywhere into the Milwaukee area.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 AM

It seems like there is hope then...My work is to revitalize neighborhoods. My first job was in Cicero Illinois and I did well there. In 7 years I filled all the industrial buildings that were vacated by Danley machine.
I need to work in a place that gives me job security and a place to rebuild, so I am not looking for perfect.
I am looking for a place to rebuild and revitalize.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 PM

207 posts, read 279,853 times
Default No thank you to Cudahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajewela View Post
I have officially accepted the offer to relo to Milwaukee from Mpls, MN. I have appts to look at places in the following cities....Germantown, Mequon, possibly Brookfield but a little spendy. I have however noticed some rentals in Cudahy. I will be working near Brown Deer. I have school age children and am concerned about school quality, safety but would also like to live near the lake with a manageable commute. Help again.......................
I also vote to pass on Cudahy. It is not cuturally diverse and has little to offer. Knowing that you will work in Brown Deer, I would recommend Germantown, Mequon, Thiensville or Cedarburg. Much nicer areas with more ammenities. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin