U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM

61 posts, read 120,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They are friendly to outsiders. They know you're from "Texas", but if you were a fellow Wisconsite and weren't up to their "image', forget it.
This is what I mean by Wisconsinites. Someone on here reported me as having duplicate accounts. NASTY person that they are, but like I said, Wisconsinites are not happy people and love conflict and PUNISHMENT is their forte! They need something called "A LIFE". I'm beginning to wonder if it's the nationality of the people here, Goiman or Polish? Ya think? NOW watch this same person get "offended" with their thin skin. LOL. What a joke. CHILL OUT guy/girl, life is too short, sweetie pie.
As someone who is half German, I had to make a comment on your blaming the nationality of many (but not all) Wisconsinites for the unpleasant attitudes you seem to have experienced in Wisconsin. Germans--your average every-day citizen I mean--neither thrive on conflict nor consider punishment their forte. The majority of Germans I know may be a bit stand-offish, but not cruel or confrontational and certainly not sadistic.

I would also like to add that you are generalizing Wisconsinites, and this is coming from someone who is NOT from Wisconsin nor yet living there. My spouse has family up there and when we visited last year everyone we met was wonderful. Not only were the family and family friends unfailingly kind, but even strangers we met on the street or in the stores were perfectly delightful. They didn't seem miserable or angry at all. No place exists where all members of the society will be nice people. Every state, every country has good, friendly people and nasty people. To generalize that all of one group are a certain way isn't fair to members of that group who do not fit the image you paint them with.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 03:58 PM

184 posts, read 400,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeWisco View Post
As someone who is half German, I had to make a comment on your blaming the nationality of many (but not all) Wisconsinites for the unpleasant attitudes you seem to have experienced in Wisconsin. Germans--your average every-day citizen I mean--neither thrive on conflict nor consider punishment their forte. The majority of Germans I know may be a bit stand-offish, but not cruel or confrontational and certainly not sadistic.

I would also like to add that you are generalizing Wisconsinites, and this is coming from someone who is NOT from Wisconsin nor yet living there. My spouse has family up there and when we visited last year everyone we met was wonderful. Not only were the family and family friends unfailingly kind, but even strangers we met on the street or in the stores were perfectly delightful. They didn't seem miserable or angry at all. No place exists where all members of the society will be nice people. Every state, every country has good, friendly people and nasty people. To generalize that all of one group are a certain way isn't fair to members of that group who do not fit the image you paint them with.
Sorry, I stick by what I say. I'm half German too, but it's my father's Irish side that are happy, super friendly and jolly and no they are not Wisconsinites, only the German mother, who doesn't like it here either, after being half raised in the South. She said everyone, in Wis., has their mouths sewn shut, noone talks to anybody.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM

59 posts, read 111,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
Sorry, I stick by what I say. I'm half German too, but it's my father's Irish side that are happy, super friendly and jolly and no they are not Wisconsinites, only the German mother, who doesn't like it here either, after being half raised in the South. She said everyone, in Wis., has their mouths sewn shut, noone talks to anybody.
I'm sorry to hear that, but if the two of you have such a crummy attitude about the people around you, then I can only imagine that you've brought any isolation from others onto yourself. In my opinion, people are kind wherever you go and if they don't suit you, then perhaps it is how you look at the situation that should change. Your previous post was so antagonistic I didn't want to respond. If that's the attitude you approach strangers in the "real" world as well, I would think that I and others would be a little turned off, too.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM

11 posts, read 17,743 times
hey guys! got funding for the cabin and i'll be joining you wisconsites in late spring! i am thrilled. this is a total adventure but i can tell that i will be among good folks.

guess i will learn how to "winterize" and "hunker in" during the bad weather. i can't wait!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM

643 posts, read 1,506,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.p.t. View Post
hey guys! got funding for the cabin and i'll be joining you wisconsites in late spring! i am thrilled. this is a total adventure but i can tell that i will be among good folks.

guess i will learn how to "winterize" and "hunker in" during the bad weather. i can't wait!
Good Luck A.P.T. We just got 15 inches of snow in Central Wis. More to the west.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM

4,723 posts, read 14,408,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananamana View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, but if the two of you have such a crummy attitude about the people around you, then I can only imagine that you've brought any isolation from others onto yourself. In my opinion, people are kind wherever you go and if they don't suit you, then perhaps it is how you look at the situation that should change. Your previous post was so antagonistic I didn't want to respond. If that's the attitude you approach strangers in the "real" world as well, I would think that I and others would be a little turned off, too.
Amen. Good post,
I am 100% Irish, not from or living in Wisconsin, (but married to a Wisc native with family still there) and I would RUUN from this attitude.
Very unkind and sweeping generalizations. Whew.
Time to take a good look at the person in the mirror.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM

12,731 posts, read 12,505,886 times
These generalizations about everyone in Wisc., how in the world did she meet everyone to make an accurate statement? So untrue, where I am everyone talks to everybody and it couldn't be a more friendly place.

As I've said before, you reap what you sow, negative constantly you will see the world as negative, generalizations about places, races, are just plain wrong.

A.P.T., woohoo for you, congrats and I'll think Spring for you, exciting, contrary to some people's opinions, Wisconsin is a great state. I got so much help from neighbors this weekend with all the snow, I live on a corner so lots of sidewalk to shovel, plus the end of the driveway was a mess. I didn't have to do it alone, my neighbors/friends I've made are awesome.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM

11 posts, read 17,743 times
i have a general question. is the recent blizzard a little extraordinary? i'm not completely naive having survived 10 winters in chicago. but wow! y'all have been BATTERED lately!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:38 AM

184 posts, read 400,276 times
OBVIOUSLY, those who disagree with me, have never lived outside of Wisconsin! That's all I'm going to say There is no comparison with wisconsinites and most of the places I've lived, exception, chicago burbs (ugh) and have never lived in the other upper midwest states. Maybe if people in Wi. would laugh at themselves once and awhile, instead of their steadfast self-righteousness which they have PLENTY of, they would be much happier people in their lives. Take a clue from me, noone is "perfect". Surprise!

Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM

4,723 posts, read 14,408,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
OBVIOUSLY, those who disagree with me, have never lived outside of Wisconsin! That's all I'm going to say There is no comparison with wisconsinites and most of the places I've lived, exception, chicago burbs (ugh) and have never lived in the other upper midwest states. Maybe if people in Wi. would laugh at themselves once and awhile, instead of their steadfast self-righteousness which they have PLENTY of, they would be much happier people in their lives. Take a clue from me, noone is "perfect". Surprise!
What a miserable woman you must be.
Sorry for your need to belittle others for where they live. Does that really make you feel better?
I also just realized who you used to be before you were banned. Your posts were all alike.
I lived in Texas, Oregon, Wisconsin and Illinois. I have never encountered someone who enjoyed insulting someones home, just because.
Very sad.
Merry Christmas. Wishing you a brigher new year.

Last edited by nanannie; 12-15-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin