Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 PM

59 posts, read 147,816 times

Advertisements

Trained for new job last week, was told by management that it would be commission only. It's a call center job. Now someone told me that they get minimum wage if they don't make commission, which is highly likely due to the rules of working on the phones.

The company has high turnover and I didn't want to go back to a call center, but I can't find anything else to do right now.

I feel so stagnant at the age of 24. The only thing I can think of is to go back to school or start my own business.

Maybe this all happened because I majored in communications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 PM

874 posts, read 1,659,803 times
While it may be difficult at least you have a job right now and that fact alone may help you get other jobs.

Have you thought about marketing positions, TV/newspaper writing? I don't know much about communications, but I have heard that it's very broad.

Good luck in the future and realize that this job isn't going to be forever. You will move on to bigger and better things.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 704 times
I would like to talk with you if you are honest, sober, self motivator and smart.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:16 PM

509 posts, read 516,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly95 View Post
Trained for new job last week, was told by management that it would be commission only. It's a call center job. Now someone told me that they get minimum wage if they don't make commission, which is highly likely due to the rules of working on the phones.

The company has high turnover and I didn't want to go back to a call center, but I can't find anything else to do right now.

I feel so stagnant at the age of 24. The only thing I can think of is to go back to school or start my own business.

Maybe this all happened because I majored in communications?
commissioned sales can be very lucrative if you land the right kind of sales job. Telemarketing, generally speaking, is not it. Sales in general has a high turnover rate. If you know how to sell, you can do well.
What state are you in?

Old 03-01-2016, 01:34 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,977 times
If you have a degree and are an attractive female look into Pharma sales. Very lucrative.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:42 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
If I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time with people on the phones. I'd rather sell furniture than be a telemarketer; and the plus is that the customers come to YOU rather than the other way around.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:03 PM

928 posts, read 1,101,453 times
Six year old thread guys, move along, nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment