Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I feel really sorry for this young lady. What was done to her was cruel and unspeakable. Nice group of quasi-career-advisors.
It is sad because I found out today the Manager has a history of saying things in meetings that is not supposed to be taken seriously. We were really trying our hardest not to bust out laughing because of what just recently happened. It was stated he has a unusual way of communicating with staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It is sad because I found out today the Manager has a history of saying things in meetings that is not supposed to be taken seriously. We were really trying our hardest not to bust out laughing because of what just recently happened. It was stated he has a unusual way of communicating with staff.
I still fail to see the humor in all this ...

Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I still fail to see the humor in all this ...
The humor is below

A employee wanted her current employer to PLACE HER ih another job while she was still being paid.

Do you get the humor now?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
You know, when I've had subordinates say things along the lines of "I wish I didn't have to work Mondays, do xxxx etc", I've been known to say "that can be arranged" but I've certainly never had anyone dismissed because they didn't pick it up as sarcasm.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
The humor is below

A employee wanted her current employer to PLACE HER ih another job while she was still being paid.

Do you get the humor now?
You WORK for a place that finds jobs for people (allegedly). As I've said before perhaps she was naive but really, was telling the agency to cut her assignment that funny?

Perhaps when you get canned we can all have a good laugh too.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
You WORK for a place that finds jobs for people (allegedly). As I've said before perhaps she was naive but really, was telling the agency to cut her assignment that funny?

Perhaps when you get canned we can all have a good laugh too.

If I do something retarded that causes me to lose my job I think you should laugh.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
If I do something retarded that causes me to lose my job I think you should laugh.
So taking someone at their word is considered "retarded"? I can tell you what's "retarded" but I'll refrain

Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
So taking someone at their word is considered "retarded"? I can tell you what's "retarded" but I'll refrain
If Ignoring a Manager in a staff meeting saying he was willing to help anyone find a another job is considered retarded,

Then I will change my name to RetardedTVandSportsGuy-lol

Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
If Ignoring a Manager in a staff meeting saying he was willing to help anyone find a another job is considered retarded,

Then I will change my name to RetardedTVandSportsGuy-lol
You said it!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
Argh, I couldn't resist opening another TVandSportsGuy thread! I could've spent that time reading but instead I decided to read this silly thread on the net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment