Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,644,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssmith528 View Post
For your information I wasn't drunk, I was a little bit over the limit.
A little over the limits is a little too much!

If over the limit, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. No drunk thinks they are drunk even after they kill some innocent person on the road. The limit is the TOP you could be, a little over is still OVER!

Time to fess up and act the adult. You drank, you were over the limit, you got behind the wheel of a auto, you drove, and you got caught!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,577,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

If over the limit, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. No drunk thinks they are drunk even after they kill some innocent person on the road. The limit is the TOP you could be, a little over is still OVER!

Time to fess up and act the adult. You drank, you were over the limit, you got behind the wheel of a auto, you drove, and you got caught!

Exactly.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,149,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

Exactly

Old 07-09-2010, 03:21 PM

2,714 posts, read 5,348,557 times
When the OP said they got their "first" DUI, it sounded to me like they've driven after drinking before and this was the first time they got caught.

I haven't filled out a job app in a while so I don't know if the wording still asks: Have you ever been convicted of a felony or if that has changed to a generic: Have you ever been arrested?

Anyway, I hope the OP learns a lesson from this and never drinks and drives again. There's no such thing as a little over the limit. If you want to drink, take a cab or use a designated driver.

I witnessed a drunk driver smashing into two cars outside my house once. The guy who was drunk and driving, got out of this car unscathed while three people were laying bleeding in the street or in their smashed car. He tried to walk away and a few area residents held him until the police got there. I'm squeamish about blood and will never forget the sight of those poor people crying and bleeding waiting for the ambulances to come. I hope they all came out of it okay.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:23 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,481,068 times
A little over the limit is waaaaay different from being sh1tfaced. But the holier than thous on the message boards would have you believe that drinking one drop of alcohol and driving is akin to blowing up a busload of nuns.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:36 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,644,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
A little over the limit is waaaaay different from being sh1tfaced. But the holier than thous on the message boards would have you believe that drinking one drop of alcohol and driving is akin to blowing up a busload of nuns.
One drop of alcohol isn't going to put you a little over the limit. A couple of social drinks won't put you over the limit. Even some heavy drinking but over a long period of time won't put you over the limit. The limit was set because people are impared but don't realize it. They think they are perfectly fine until something happens. The limit is the max you can be impared before it becomes an offense. Just drinking isn't going to get you in trouble, but there is a point where we want the police to step in and get those impared drivers off the road. I have no problems with drinking and driving, cause I have done it myself. But if I decide to go beyond the drink or two and take it to the point where I am over the limit, and I decide to drive, I'm not going to make excuses if caught or try to justify it. You're OVER The Limit. Be a man and admit you screwed up.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:51 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,481,068 times
The federal government held the states hostage with federal highway funding until they lowered the limit to an unfairly low .08% which is barely even buzzed for most people, turning the onus to bust social drinkers, which would generate more revenue for the various states and counties. I am not going to argue this point further, because many of these people refuse to acknowledge the truth, and will even argue that the .08% limit is too high.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Please don't try justifying driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 !

Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:

Your attitude is a bigger drawback to getting hired than your DUI.

Your DUI will eventually go away.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 AM

92 posts, read 316,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Your attitude is a bigger drawback to getting hired than your DUI.

Your DUI will eventually go away.

EXACTLY!!! This attitude of "well, I was just a little over" is disgusting. I suppose if someone died, he would have "sort of" killed them, or they'd be just "a little dead".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment