Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM

354 posts, read 711,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko3292 View Post
Maybe he is more valuable to his company than you are to your company. Just sayin'
Nope. I am a special education teacher. My 'company' includes parents, other teachers, administrators and the general community. I am very valuable to parents who count on me to be a voice of support for their autistic child...and yes, these kids, who need stability in their lives, count on me to be there at the same time everyday. Sometimes I am the only stable force in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Nope never late for doctor appointments. I just need to start going to bed earlier instead of 2am
So does that mean you ARE late to weddings and funerals? On another note, it seems obvious that something is up as you said in your thread-starter that, "she (your boss) said she wanted to avoid writing me up ..." If writing you up was already on her mind you'd better watch out, Grasshopper.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:38 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
Let me get this straight. You wake up at 7:05. It takes ten minutes to get to your place of work. You don't eat breakfast until you get to the office, yet you can't get there any earlier than 9:25.

So what do you do in the mornings that it takes two hours and ten minutes from when the alarm sounds until you walk out the door?

I once worked for an office that something of a flexible schedule. You had to be on the clock for eight hours a day, but could arrive anytime you wanted from 7:30-9:00. Nobody ever abused it and if you had a doctor's appointment or something like that in the morning, they'd cut you some slack. People generally showed up at the same time every day.

Another place asked me the first day what time I wanted to come in and I told them and that was my required time to clock in.

Shower, Shave, Iron Clothes, My Hair. All of that takes me to about 8:40am. Then factor in the wait time for the bus which can be 10-15 mins and the travel time which is 5-7 mins

Now do you understand?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM

45,315 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Shower, Shave, Iron Clothes, My Hair. All of that takes me to about 8:40am. Then factor in the wait time for the bus which can be 10-15 mins and the travel time which is 5-7 mins

Now do you understand?

Iron your clothes the night before.

5AM up
501-530 coffee, overnight email answering
530 shower, shave and I have better and more hair than you
545-615 cook and eat breakfast-bacon, eggs, etc.
630 on the road
700 arrive at work

Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:

Now do you understand?
I take public transit and live 40+ miles from one of my jobs. I take careful pains NOT to be late by taking an earlier bus than what's required. Buses can and do breakdown and there are all sorts of valid reasons why buses can get delayed. Since you only work a few minutes via bus away from work, there is NO excuse for you to be late. Ironing and shaving could be done the night before especially if you stay up til 2am. You need some serious time management training TVSG.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,360,404 times
Quote:

Now do you understand?
I don't understand why you don't iron your clothes while you are staying up past midnight. Or get up earlier.

A shower shouldn't last any longer than ten minutes and maybe five minutes to shave. Ironing a shirt and pants shouldn't take that long. Assuming you are male, how long can you spend on your hair?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
I don't understand why you don't iron your clothes while you are staying up past midnight. Or get up earlier.

A shower shouldn't last any longer than ten minutes and maybe five minutes to shave. Ironing a shirt and pants shouldn't take that long. Assuming you are male, how long can you spend on your hair?
10 mins on the hair

Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
10 mins on the hair
What could a guy do with their hair that takes a full 10 minutes? I am a gal who has medium length hair and I rarely spend a full 10 minutes styling my hair.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Wait 15 minutes for a bus ride that takes 5? You may as well WALK

Old 07-23-2010, 11:06 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
What could a guy do with their hair that takes a full 10 minutes? I am a gal who has medium length hair and I rarely spend a full 10 minutes styling my hair.
It takes TIME to get that little incipient bald spot covered "just so"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment