U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:59 PM

12 posts, read 11,348 times

Advertisements

Thank you for everyone’s response. I appreciate any feedback given. It’s always nice to hear from people with different experiences and backgrounds.

Emily314

I am sure you will be able to find a good employer one day. Apparently, good bosses are not as few and far between as some people would have you believe.

janetvj
I would hope so too. I really do… for my sake and for every employee’s sake...

icibiu
I am humbled by your comment. I honestly don’t think that I am doing anything that’s beyond the call of the duty. Any sane person would want to thrive to be the best of what he/she does. No job should be too small or too good for any employee. Especially for a recent graduate like yours truly, I fully expect to start from the bottom of the ladder and work my way up. I was just extremely flattered to be given this opportunity to do what I love.

myDeliverance
Oh, trust me. I am counting my blessing and have already applied and gotten the job. Being given this opportunity is enough to motivate anyone to work their heart out and more.

North Beach Person
I do agree with you. Hopefully, those “bad” bosses would realize one day that instead of sabotaging their employees, they would rip more benefits by helping their subordinates to succeed just as jantvj reasoned. \

Chatteress
It’s always nice to hear from someone who had good experiences dealing with the management. Too bad they weren’t able to hire you fulltime due to budget constraints.

NorthsideJacksonville
I AM planning on staying at my current company in the foreseeable future due to professional and personal reason. Not only did I land a job that’s actually within my field with a huge potential for growth, I also bought a house in the area not too long ago. In addition, the turnover rate of this company is extremely low. Plus good benefit package and among other things. What more can a person ask for? J One funny note, My current position is actually in QA. The job that I am taking is in Research. What a coincidence

Last edited by hypno; 07-17-2010 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 AM

2,907 posts, read 3,719,078 times
NorthsideJacksonville
I AM planning on staying at my current company in the foreseeable future due to professional and personal reason. Not only did I land a job that’s actually within my field with a huge potential for growth, I also bought a house in the area not too long ago. In addition, the turnover rate of this company is extremely low. Plus good benefit package and among other things. What more can a person ask for? J One funny note, My current position is actually in QA. The job that I am taking is in Research. What a coincidence [/quote]

That's what's up. The QA/QC field is a very lucrative industry because not only can you make good money but you also interact with different depts. You're not doing the same thing repeatedly, which is what I like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment