Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:34 PM

431 posts, read 2,125,607 times

Advertisements

I started a new job in March with one of the major banks and making pretty good money (at least compared to my last job). I was so excited when I got the offer. I beat out hundreds of other candidates. Unfortunately, the excitement died down quickly because my manager is an absolute byatch. Yes, there is no other word to describe her. I have never met anybody like her in my entire life. I am very easy going and I've never had issues with work performance. This woman has single handedly managed to clear out that office. We started with 6 people and already 3 are gone. I will be #4 and the other 2 were trying to get transfers on the sly but there is only 1 other office that does what we do and they have no openings. I already tried too.

I am beyond stressed out and I hate going into that place every day. The negative energy is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I decided it's time to move on but in the field that I'm in, it would be difficult to find another job making the same money. I will be taking a paycut, quite a big chunk too. I will be back to living paycheck to paycheck with no room to pay for unexpected things. I am torn. I know that I value my peace of mind more than anything but some people think that I'm crazy for considering leaving my job. It's not easy to try to ignore the problem (realistically I cannot because she will instigate and find ways to drive all of us insane. she really needs to see a psychiatrist).

Seriously, should I stay or should I go? What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Happiness can't buy money.

I'd stick with it, while looking for other opportunities. Try to work there until next March, one year will look better than six months. It is very unhealthy to go to a job you hate.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,179 times
Stick with the job while looking out for another job.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
How much stress would you be under living paycheck to paycheck without much wiggle room for a rainy day?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 PM

387 posts, read 532,929 times
I agree with Charles. It's unhealthy to stick with you a job that you hate. I personally would save up and buy a home that is below your means, not a mortgage, but a home. And continue to save up. And that way if you lose your job or your job becomes a horrible place to work you can always leave it behind and keep your happiness in tact.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
I'd hit it That is just me though.

The sex starved @#%$ ones are always the best

When you've made up your mind to leave, come onto her like you just don't care. I'd be too curious not to.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM

OP here..i forgot to mention. I already have 2 potential job opportunities lined up but they both pay less money. That is my dilemma. And as Hurricane DC mentioned, how much stress is there when there isn't enough money? Quite a bit. I've been there before. I can honestly say that although stressful, it doesn't even compare to the horror that I'm facing now. I'm not a drama queen. Manager really is that bad!!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I'd hit it That is just me though.

The sex starved @#%$ ones are always the best

When you've made up your mind to leave, come onto her like you just don't care. I'd be too curious not to.
Yeah we joke about that all the time at work. She needs some Vitamin D. LOL!! But I'm a female so I can't help her in that dept.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
maybe stay a bit longer and look for a job that pays a bit more then your current offers

or if its that bad i would just bail. aint worth the stress

Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Stick with the job while looking out for another job.
Couldn't agree with this more. Money buys happiness; however it's not how much you make, it's how you spend it...

Example:
On your 25th wedding anniversary, try this for your S/O: "I spent $5K for our anniversary. I gambled it all on black and lost; what's on HBO tonight?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment