Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You don't have to believe me, it's the internet

But I have the divots on my shoulders (from straps) and the bad lower back to prove it. I'm getting these suckers reduced next year and couldn't be happier!
My mom had it done. There are pro's and con's to state the obvious. One thing she's had to contend with is scar tissue. It doesn't hurt her, but she's always in her Dr's office getting scanned - just in case. I don't know if it's the surgeon, the patient, or just the way of it. OTOH, what a load off for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Women with naturally large breast tend to be heavier, and that is often a handicap in getting hired. But I guess slim women with fake boobs do better. And it is true that Engineering firms have few women. Some Engineers act as if they've never seen a woman.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The title of your thread is Fake boobs better than a degree? But, now there are caveats? Eh, that doesn't make much sense. Successful co's/industries are about the bottom dollar. There's no way around that. Clearly, if a department/company can afford to hire based solely on appearance then the premise is based on low-skilled positions. So, what's the difference if the hire is about boobs if the goal is to just have a body at the desk?
I keep the topic very broad to hopefully get some stories. Successful co's/industries may be about the bottom dollar, but hire people based on their judgment. A bubbly attractive bombshell may say the right things and market themselves better during an interview than a modest/shy higher skilled person, in one possible scenario.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:51 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Sarah Palin?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You don't have to believe me, it's the internet

But I have the divots on my shoulders (from straps) and the bad lower back to prove it. I'm getting these suckers reduced next year and couldn't be happier!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You are one effed up person for getting them reduced. I am not going to ask you to prove that you are well endowed because like you said it's the Internet, and like I have said many times before, everyone is perfect on message boards. But you really shouldn't do that to mankind. Now you are going to be known as the chick with the weird looking t!tties.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:21 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
My mom had it done. There are pro's and con's to state the obvious. One thing she's had to contend with is scar tissue. It doesn't hurt her, but she's always in her Dr's office getting scanned - just in case. I don't know if it's the surgeon, the patient, or just the way of it. OTOH, what a load off for her!
My best friend had hers done a few years back, she's barely 5'6 and was spilling over an F cup...and her band size was barely 32". It was sad

I've put off the surgery for quite some time because of the scarring issue...I get keloid scars so I know I'm going to be 'disfigured' quite a bit and that's the only thing holding me back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You are one effed up person for getting them reduced. I am not going to ask you to prove that you are well endowed because like you said it's the Internet, and like I have said many times before, everyone is perfect on message boards. But you really shouldn't do that to mankind. Now you are going to be known as the chick with the weird looking t!tties.
I'd rather be known as the chick with weird looking t!tties than the chick who can't move around because her back hurts so much. I had to give up something I loved because of these stupid things...do you have any idea how hard it is to jump horses with big boobs?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I keep the topic very broad to hopefully get some stories. Successful co's/industries may be about the bottom dollar, but hire people based on their judgment. A bubbly attractive bombshell may say the right things and market themselves better during an interview than a modest/shy higher skilled person, in one possible scenario.
Again, this might work in low-skilled positions, but it begins and ends there. I sit on interviewing teams when my dept needs to hire someone. We're looking for scientists with proven track records. People who can produce. Period. If a person can fake it during an interview then that doesn't say much for the job they're interviewing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
And you are now known as one more loon on the net. Congratulations.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Women with naturally large breast tend to be heavier, and that is often a handicap in getting hired. But I guess slim women with fake boobs do better. And it is true that Engineering firms have few women. Some Engineers act as if they've never seen a woman.
In the case of my mom - 4'8 about 95lbs. Obviously too small to carry around a large load.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Quote:
I sit on interviewing teams when my dept needs to hire someone. We're looking for scientists with proven track records. People who can produce. Period. If a person can fake it during an interview then that doesn't say much for the job they're interviewing for.
We've tackled one scenario! If one has ambitions of becoming a scientist, one should focus on booKs, not booBs...Very surprising there...

Anyone interview astronauts? Wonder who would have a better chance of getting an astronaut job, a H.S. Grad with fake boobs or proven astronaut?...lol

Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
We've tackled one scenario! If one has ambitions of becoming a scientist, one should focus on booKs, not booBs...Very surprising there...
This might be a surprise for some, but for at least the women I work with, they're certainly a bunch of fashionistas. They dress well, as opposed to common stereotypes. I also notice a disparity when it comes to fitness. Granted, my sample here is a few dozen (or more), but these women are generally fit. We do have yoga, meditation, and a variety of classes (kick boxing, etc) offered on site. Any way, successful people tend to look successful, but that's not why they're hired. Working in the sciences, ime, far exceeds focusing on books. It's hard work and a person has to be motivated, committed, and intelligent.

I imagine it's similar in most professional industries.

Quote:
Anyone interview astronauts? Wonder who would have a better chance of getting an astronaut job, a H.S. Grad with fake boobs or proven astronaut?...lol
Again, you're only speaking to the low-skilled genre of certain spaces. If smarts, commitment, and intelligence aren't requirements for the job, then I ask again, what difference does it make if a person is hired due to looks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment