Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You didn't answer my question. What have YOU done? Nevermind, your trying to change the topic answers the question loud and clear.
My answer is irrelevant. I don't owe you an explanation of what I do and what charity I donate to.

Just like you skipped out on answering another poster as to why threads like these turn into brag fests. You never answered him. He was trying to get back on topic and you callously kept bragging like an arrogant fool.

No one cares what you do Annerk. Go post your cocky crock elsewhere in a more fitting thread.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:18 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Now back ON topic. I don't know why there is such a stigma attached to people being unemployed and being lazy. It is not fair to paint everyone with the same brush.[/quote]

I agree I think that some people are taking advantage of the system and feel that UI is a paid vacation-and some are so disgusted with looking for a job they stop. I was at a grocery store and a young couple ( about 24) was having a conversation and in the middle the woman said "hell no, I'm not looking for a job, I'm getting unemployment." I thought....nice...
I also believe that the majority of people don't believe it will happen to them & feel something is "wrong" with the unemployed-I'm hoping I'll be working in the next two weeks so my thoughts are I will still be the same supportive person and work my a^%^ off-

Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
My answer is irrelevant. I don't owe you an explanation of what I do and what charity I donate to.

Just like you skipped out on answering another poster as to why threads like these turn into brag fests. You never answered him. He was trying to get back on topic and you callously kept bragging like an arrogant fool.

No one cares what you do Annerk. Go post your cocky crock elsewhere in a more fitting thread.
And I don't owe an explanation any more than you do except to say that I'm glad my tax dollars keep feeding your ass while you sit on these boards instead of looking for a job. And don't for an instant think that it's only employers taxes paying unemployment--that pot of money ran out almost a year ago--it's now the taxpayer. And as an unemployed person, you are not likely to have any tax debt this year.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,575 times
What about people who do not get aid or benefits like unemployment yet people still call them lazy? I've been trying to relocate. I apply to a ton of jobs. I follow up with emails. I have been jerked around by human resource people and agencies.

One person PURPOSELY gave me the wrong contact # to follow up with her 2 times. Another promised to email me with job details so I could meet with her and she never did.

Stupid things like this keep happening to me in the last few months since I have been unemployed. I feel like I am cursed...does this happen to anyone else??

My life is spent looking for work. I am not a lazy person yet for some reason, people feel they have the right to belittle me.

I am being destroyed by the recession and see others being destroyed as well.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsBaker2101 View Post
What about people who do not get aid or benefits like unemployment yet people still call them lazy? I've been trying to relocate. I apply to a ton of jobs. I follow up with emails. I have been jerked around by human resource people and agencies.

One person PURPOSELY gave me the wrong contact # to follow up with her 2 times. Another promised to email me with job details so I could meet with her and she never did.

Stupid things like this keep happening to me in the last few months since I have been unemployed. I feel like I am cursed...does this happen to anyone else??

My life is spent looking for work. I am not a lazy person yet for some reason, people feel they have the right to belittle me.

I am being destroyed by the recession and see others being destroyed as well.
I think it's absolutely wrong for an employer to jerk a person around. If they aren't interested in an applicant, they should just come right out and say so. To purposely give a wrong number is ridiculous.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,575 times
Yes, I feel like someone in a ridiculous movie about how to fail by trying....this woman gave me the wrong number. I called it 2 times....got someone else's cell...she called me back on my cell from a 'no trace' number...she supposedly was from a major manufacturer/retailer I applied to...I think it was a scam.

Another one was in PA...the hr person was supposed to send me directions to the company and details about their address/organization I'd need for the interview. She never did. I realize these people are busy but it's heartbreaking and demoralizing to get psyched every day and then get treated like a loser and supplicant.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 PM

258 posts, read 540,907 times
I'll hire anyone that doesn't have a violent or sexual conviction on their record. I will hire you to work tonight. Anywhere in the U.S.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
And I don't owe an explanation any more than you do except to say that I'm glad my tax dollars keep feeding your ass while you sit on these boards instead of looking for a job. And don't for an instant think that it's only employers taxes paying unemployment--that pot of money ran out almost a year ago--it's now the taxpayer. And as an unemployed person, you are not likely to have any tax debt this year.
I had to pay 3K this year in taxes while I was receiving UI benefits...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I had to pay 3K this year in taxes while I was receiving UI benefits...
Then you had income other than U/E or are in a very high paying unemployment state. Here in Florida you would have a zero tax liability as a single person who collected u/e for a year with no other income. If you claimed dependents you'd get a refund. (EIC, aka walfare for the working)

Old 10-14-2010, 02:55 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
I'll hire anyone that doesn't have a violent or sexual conviction on their record. I will hire you to work tonight. Anywhere in the U.S.
Sweet. What's the job description?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment