Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 PM

323 posts, read 529,106 times

Advertisements

WOW - just think a moment - if most people waited until they owned a home before they got a dog - there sure would be more homeless roving dogs than there are now - wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Get rid of the car and use MUNI, that frees up a considerable amount of cash.

And I'm a dog lover (I have two large breed rescues) so I'd never tell you to get rid of yours. I do have to say that as much as I REALLY wanted a dog, I waited until I was well set in a house that I owned before I made that commitment.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sankofa View Post
WOW - just think a moment - if most people waited until they owned a home before they got a dog - there sure would be more homeless roving dogs than there are now - wow
I don't agree with that. I think there'd be a spike in euthenasia followed by a reduction in overall population followed by a larger population of dogs enjoying lives not interrupted by bi-annual rehoming.

In any case, if the leading animal (human) is unable to care for itself, it really has no business caring for other animals.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
annerk is a lonely medicated aging women who thinks everyone makes six figures a yeat like she does

That's not all she is. It's better left unsaid.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:09 PM

That is great!! I am truly happy for you. Sounds like you are in the ideal spot no matter what happens. I have a friend that has similar life events as you posted - while she was going through it - she had emphaty for others - but when things improved - she lost that emphaty - just because she got it everybody should also get it regardless of circumstances - she became unreasonably judge-mental and unsensitive based on what she now has

Quote:
Nope. I could live (very frugally) for the rest of my life on my savings.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 PM

Not true - blue collar, admin asst jobs are just as competitive as professional HR etc

Quote:
It really depends on the type of work you do. You aren't going to get a job as a dentist or director of HR that way, but blue collar work, retail, restaurant, and even some jobs like administrative assistant or bookkeeper you can get away with it.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
annerk is a lonely medicated aging women who thinks everyone makes six figures a yeat like she does
Annerk doesn't make six figures working in Orlando, FL.

On occasion she has contradicted herself. A good example of was when someone walked into her company dressed poorly and she turned him away.

So she sits close enough to the front door to see him. So she has a front office position, they don't pay six figures for those in NY or CA, never mind the land of low wages(Florida).

She is not the CEO, she has some combo admin. asst/HR role for a company that hires low paying labor jobs.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but she enjoys feeling superior to others, yet when called on her bad behavior, she doesn't respond in a timely manner, because it takes her awhile to come up with a story.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Most reasonable folks who reads your posts already know that you do not care - it's very obvious from the tone of your posts -

Quote:
Frankly you can have your opinion, I really don't care.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Love it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Is Burger King aware of the McDonalds offer?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:05 PM

In the 20's thru 60's - most so called poor folks had a dog - they just were not designer/pampered dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I don't agree with that. I think there'd be a spike in euthenasia followed by a reduction in overall population followed by a larger population of dogs enjoying lives not interrupted by bi-annual rehoming.

In any case, if the leading animal (human) is unable to care for itself, it really has no business caring for other animals.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Annerk doesn't make six figures working in Orlando, FL.

On occasion she has contradicted herself. A good example of was when someone walked into her company dressed poorly and she turned him away.

So she sits close enough to the front door to see him. So she has a front office position, they don't pay six figures for those in NY or CA, never mind the land of low wages(Florida).

She is not the CEO, she has some combo admin. asst/HR role for a company that hires low paying labor jobs.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but she enjoys feeling superior to others, yet when called on her bad behavior, she doesn't respond in a timely manner, because it takes her awhile to come up with a story.
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment