U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
 
19 posts, read 26,693 times
Reputation: 15
Default Applied to Target now what..

When I called a local Target, they said to fill an application online (for a vacant spot that was listed).

Given its only been 3 days, but when I checked the status of the application it states "under review". It seems like usually email candidates or call people back in 48 hours or so if you qualify. How long do you think I should wait for them to respond. And should I call the store to check the status or will that hurt my chances?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 AM
 
205 posts, read 472,808 times
Reputation: 163
Give them some time. I got called in for an interview over 2 weeks after I had applied online.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Nassau/Queens border
1,461 posts, read 1,569,704 times
Reputation: 1055
I'd definitely give them another week at least.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
33,536 posts, read 22,836,310 times
Reputation: 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tmarund View Post
When I called a local Target, they said to fill an application online (for a vacant spot that was listed).

Given its only been 3 days, but when I checked the status of the application it states "under review". It seems like usually email candidates or call people back in 48 hours or so if you qualify. How long do you think I should wait for them to respond. And should I call the store to check the status or will that hurt my chances?

Apply to other jobs besides Target
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Nassau/Queens border
1,461 posts, read 1,569,704 times
Reputation: 1055
TVandSportsGuy is right - Right now lots of stores hire for the holiday seasons. Places like Walmart, Staples, K-Mart etc.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: On this planet most of the time
8,039 posts, read 2,437,462 times
Reputation: 4821
Give them some time they probably have tons of apps to go through and then consider who they want to bring in for an interview. I agree with the other posters go ahead and apply at other stores in the meantime.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Southern California
3,503 posts, read 2,382,101 times
Reputation: 2653
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
TVandSportsGuy is right - Right now lots of stores hire for the holiday seasons. Places like Walmart, Staples, K-Mart etc.
All the Wal-Marts out here said they were on a freeze. Now, Staples, K-Mart, and Macy's I have seen a lot of ads for.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Status: "Extra blanket?? It's Fall!" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
4,952 posts, read 3,621,090 times
Reputation: 4784
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
All the Wal-Marts out here said they were on a freeze. Now, Staples, K-Mart, and Macy's I have seen a lot of ads for.
Don't know where "out here" is, for you, but the Wal Mart where I work is accepting applications right now. I know they are looking for about 25 more cashiers for the holiday season plus sales associates and back of the store employees.

It took about six weeks for me to get hired at Wal Mart after I applied online. I think that was partly because I applied at the same time they were hiring nearly 100 people to work the remodel of the store so I kinda got lost in the crowd. Three weeks after I applied I got called for an interview...two at that time...then another interview three days later. I had given up hearing when the call came. Then another two weeks till the drug testing and another week, week and a half later, I started. So from mid May to the first of July. Sometimes it just takes a while but I love my job so I'm just glad I got it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
 
311 posts, read 414,843 times
Reputation: 220
The wal-marts in my area(central Minnesota) are also in a hiring freeze.It blew my mind that they would freeze hiring before black friday.I have a freind in wal-mart management and he said the district we are in is not making enough money.But I think its greed and not as much PROFIT that they want.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 PM
 
7,824 posts, read 8,187,677 times
Reputation: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
The wal-marts in my area(central Minnesota) are also in a hiring freeze.It blew my mind that they would freeze hiring before black friday.I have a freind in wal-mart management and he said the district we are in is not making enough money.But I think its greed and not as much PROFIT that they want.
Of course it is greed. They will work their existing employees to the bone. Walmart doesn't even light its parking lots well at night.

They don't care what happens to the customer once they're out of store.

Good place to stay out of.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top