Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM

470 posts, read 1,036,816 times

Advertisements

Is there any statistical evidence out there supports the idea that people with low credit scores are less honest or poor performers than those with high credit scores? If you answer yes to this, please link or screen shot your facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Common sense is rarely studied on a statistical basis.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM

470 posts, read 1,036,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Common sense is rarely studied on a statistical basis.
Because it comes in varying degrees of quality and substance.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
what works...works.

that's why it's not questioned.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 PM

136 posts, read 481,176 times
None of you sheeple get it..

They are doing this because the BANKS want there money an people are on to them.

1) You want to buy a car,, You to have GOOD CREDIT. That dose not work.

2) You want to have THE AMERICAN DREAM don't you. You to have GOOD CREDIT... That dose not work.

All you people with good credit.... Go try to get more credit cards.. I do not see any cars with those new car plates. ANY MORE

Millions of people with good credit has lost there homes. It did not save them.

All you people with good credit GO TRY TO BY A HOME An report back to us.

Now the bankers are trying to threaten us with getting a job to scare us to pay CREDIT CARD with over 20%.

All you guys keep on paying KEEP that CREDIT SCORE UP.. an find out if you get a job.

The banker's Will threaten us with jail when the Above dose not work.

Have a Good day,

Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,982,648 times
I feel that it`s really not the employers business, whatsoever..... Having bad credit doesn`t mean that you are a bad employee and that you can`t or won`t do your job. This world is so messed up with what really matters.....

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I hope she wins. And gets a lot of money.

There are some jobs where this sort of personal information makes sense. People with high security clearances for government jobs or people who handle large amounts of money. Other than that, no. It's just not necessary. Over the years I've known many responsible employees who were a financial wreck. Their lack of financial skills didn't make them bad employees. They probably worked harder because they needed the money more than most.

Then there's all the decent people who have been ruined by this economy. It's just not necessary to kick them one more time when they are already down. Enough already. Give 'em a break. After all, no one bailed out John Q. Public.

And here we are, one more time, holding the individual to a much higher standard than we do our corporations and businesses. I wonder how many of these outfits would 'get the job' if they were scrutinized the same way they do a prospective employee?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:25 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I hope she wins. And gets a lot of money.
And here we are, one more time, holding the individual to a much higher standard than we do our corporations and businesses. I wonder how many of these outfits would 'get the job' if they were scrutinized the same way they do a prospective employee?
Annnnndddd.... here's the money quote.

We live in a two-tiered society. One tier is the banking/elite/wealthy class who gets to kill thousands of innocent civilians halfway all over the world, and they call it "foreign policy" and "national security". They get to steal money and gamble with it, almost destroying our economy (and indirectly killing thousands and thousands more), and not only do they not get punished for it, they get rewarded with hundreds of billions more to play with.

The rest of us live in the other tier, who can expect to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if we kill/hurt even one person (especially if that person is one of the "betters"), or steal a red cent from anyone. Anyone who really believes there is "justice for all" is naive or willfully ignorant. What I find staggering is the amount of "regular" folk who have no problem with any of this.

Personally, I feel the wealthy should have to live in the same tier of society as the rest of us, in case there's any confusion about that.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:46 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Woman with bad credit sues UM for revoking job offer - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/06/1960665/woman-with-bad-credit-sues-um.html - broken link)

This is pretty horrible. Just what you need when you are down and out, someone deciding if you should have a job based on your credit score. I hope that this woman wins her case.
It's not based on her credit score. It's based on the fact that she defaulted on loans she agreed to pay.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
But you see, therein lies the problem... people who are otherwise qualified, and will possibly make excellent employees, are being rejected based on credit scores.
Same with people with criminal records. Or people who are naturals at something but lack the experience. Or people who don't have a college degree but have the skills.

There are a million ways attempting to hire can incorrectly weed out someone who would be good for an organization.

Quote:
Some people just need a chance, and it can only help them to become contributing members of society.
I agree, and I'm right there with you I don't think anyone is going to make a blanket statement that anyone with bad credit is a bad hire. Again though I respect an employers decision to hire based on what criteria they want as long as it isn't breaking the law by using race, gender, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment