Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,104 times

Advertisements

: smack::s mack::du bious::dubious : :shoc ked::r olleyes::s hocked::sma ck::smac k::smack :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 03:09 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wow... I honestly wouldn't survive long in that work environment!
you would do better than you give yourself credit for ..it just a matter of beening able to takeing the ideas a little farther than you are used to ..

if you live in the bay area go and check out this hotels and there staff and check how much they pride themself on personal grooming standards for the staff that you see as you come into the hotel

St Regis

Omni

Ritz Carlton

Old 12-18-2010, 03:16 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
you would do better than you give yourself credit for ..it just a matter of beening able to takeing the ideas a little farther than you are used to ..

if you live in the bay area go and check out this hotels and there staff and check how much they pride themself on personal grooming standards for the staff that you see as you come into the hotel

St Regis

Omni

Ritz Carlton
Oh, I've been to the fancy hotels here in SF, and have also lived in a resort town (Lake Tahoe) - but there's a reason I've never worked at the hotels. When I said I'd never survive, it's because I'd have no desire to work in that kind of environment. Kudos to anyone who does, but it's definitely not for me! I'm just too "non-conformist" by nature, and my piercings & tattoos alone would probably disqualify me... luckily they're not an issue in the professional career I ended up choosing.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:21 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
FYI (after reading another comment on the last page): My tattoos are easily covered by most clothing, and the piercings could always come out... but I enjoy working in a field where it doesn't matter, and I've never been asked to cover them. Librarians are usually quite casual, and the profession also tends to attract more free-spirited types.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times
Quote:
Oh, I've been to the fancy hotels here in SF, and have also lived in a resort town (Lake Tahoe) - but there's a reason I've never worked at the hotels. When I said I'd never survive, it's because I'd have no desire to work in that kind of environment. Kudos to anyone who does, but it's definitely not for me! I'm just too "non-conformist" by nature, and my piercings & tattoos alone would probably disqualify me... luckily they're not an issue in the professional career I ended up choosing.
Quote:
FYI (after reading another comment on the last page): My tattoos are easily covered by most clothing, and the piercings could always come out... but I enjoy working in a field where it doesn't matter, and I've never been asked to cover them. Librarians are usually quite casual, and the profession also tends to attract more free-spirited types.
there is this running joke when we have our summer partys and the guys come out to lake and start takeing there shirts off and see some of the art work and people go never figure you for that type of body work ..it just has to be hidden that all ..i have tattoos and pierceing in a upper body area after loseing a bet to one of the female waitstaff on a football game ..it just hidden where no one can see it ..we have people from all walks of life in the company from gay to saight to some one we call the turtle and leave that one along put us in a blender and mix us up and you pretty much find we all about the same in a lot of the areas..

so it just a matter of where and who you are working with at the time ..most of the people who have a few pierceing in some odd places and leave at that one alone ..they just learned to play the game with the rules that all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment