Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 PM

72 posts, read 368,733 times

Advertisements

So I just heard that my friend just bought a brand new BMW. So I am here applying for minimum wage jobs and can't even find luck. My friends are working. I feel like I'm the only jobless person in the world or something. I apply jobs online that my eyes feel like it's going to explode. Is there anyone who feel the same ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 02:19 PM

379 posts, read 1,401,297 times
Short answer: Yep.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM

580 posts, read 2,293,000 times
I've pretty much severed all ties with friends and barely see my family. I'm to the point right now where I don't like to be seen in public out of the fear I might run into somebody I know. It's so embarrassing I can't stand it. The holidays are the worst because this is the time I feel obligated to actually see my family, although I don't really want to. There is nothing that will make you feel more uncomfortable than for somebody to ask what are you doing now or have you found a job yet.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinboxmail View Post
So I just heard that my friend just bought a brand new BMW. So I am here applying for minimum wage jobs and can't even find luck. My friends are working. I feel like I'm the only jobless person in the world or something. I apply jobs online that my eyes feel like it's going to explode. Is there anyone who feel the same ?
Not at all. Your friend is only one paycheck away from walking everywhere he goes. Having a new [expensive] car does not equal success. There have been MANY, MANY folks out there who have had big houses, nice cars and they go to work one day and are laid off or fired.

No reason to feel down. Just keep looking and hang in there.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,525 times
You're not alone. In a few days I won't have a personal cell phone any more.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,578 times
They sound like a good set of people to network through so you can actually land a new gig.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 PM

10 posts, read 26,349 times
Quote:

No, you are not alone. I feel the same way. I have been unemployed for the past year and a half and there are days where I feel that everything is going to be fine and then other days where I don't want to crawl out of bed b/c I feel like nothing is turning around for me, no matter how hard I try.

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through, but there are many people who can relate to you. And that is why we are all here-SUPPORT!!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Why not find out what your friend with the BMW is doing differantly than you are. What ever you are doing isn't working. Maybe time to try something new. Do you have marketable skills? do you have an education of some kind that has value? Please don't tell me you have a degree in Sociology, English, History, or something that does not pay the bills. Have you considered Nursing or some other job that you can make money in? How about starting your own business? I know it is hard out there, but maybe trying another path would be better than to settle for a minumum wage job that won't get you a BMW.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM

379 posts, read 1,401,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Why not find out what your friend with the BMW is doing differantly than you are. What ever you are doing isn't working. Maybe time to try something new. Do you have marketable skills? do you have an education of some kind that has value? Please don't tell me you have a degree in Sociology, English, History, or something that does not pay the bills. Have you considered Nursing or some other job that you can make money in? How about starting your own business? I know it is hard out there, but maybe trying another path would be better than to settle for a minumum wage job that won't get you a BMW.

It only took seven replies to this thread to get a post like this.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
Quote:
He bough a liability that is costing them way more then its worth so dont feel bad. U may be broke but u don't have those type of bills to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment